Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Avery and Bennett were also both more blown out than when I last rode them. Things that used to be big compressions are now 3-4 foot drops into a shitstorm of roots and stuff. It was awesome but we had more flat tire issues than ever before--guess it's time for inserts or DH rear tires or something...

It was hot AF (80's and humid) which really hurt my feelings on the bigger days--lots of bonking and dehydration issues in our crew. No leaves changing yet as apparently Fall is drunk.
Rode Avery last September and could fucking haul ass down it like I was riding a rocket. This past Spring I had to slow way down and pick lines because it had eroded so much.

Trace Ridge is currently running much like Avery was last year. Three really good size drops at speed to keep you honest. I highly recommend it for a healthy dose of gnar.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Rode Avery last September and could fucking haul ass down it like I was riding a rocket. This past Spring I had to slow way down and pick lines because it had eroded so much.

Trace Ridge is currently running much like Avery was last year. Three really good size drops at speed to keep you honest. I highly recommend it for a healthy dose of gnar.
Yep. Trace is super fast but rough as hell especially when going so fast you can’t see or avoid small/medium roxxx. Really fun. Avery is differently fun now. Think I could ride it faster but need to know the trail better.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Personally, I hate Fall. To me, leaves on the ground means I have to slow down or get bitch slapped. And it signals the beginning of a long depressing winter. Maybe I have Seasonal Affective Disorder or some shit, but I dread Fall and Winter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
leaves on the ground means I have to slow down
Wut

A blanket of leaves means you can go faster! What you can't see, can't stop you right? They also hide all those lovely holes, but then again just be like Mario and plow right through the leaves.

Riding Bromont in the late fall with leaves and rain is a trip...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Granted, yes.

But the impending doom of snow is a little worrisome.
not down here it ain’ttttttt :D :dirol:
Personally, I hate Fall. To me, leaves on the ground means I have to slow down or get bitch slapped. And it signals the beginning of a long depressing winter. Maybe I have Seasonal Affective Disorder or some shit, but I dread Fall and Winter.
dang man...how else ya gonna float over the rough stuff? it’s leafffffff surffffff timmmmmmme!!! (in a few weeks)

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
IMG_20181012_143644_978-01.jpeg

Front wheel washed out, jumped over the bars, luckily caught a tree to stop me running down without a chance to slow down.
It's so god damn dry atm, no grip.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
headed for the hills. sunny and 50* to start. perfect shorts and t shirt weather. leaves are just starting to turn. 3500’ up n down. had a blast remembering what it was like to be able to just huck off stuff and let my bike plow through the chop. amazeballz. then came back into town and goofed around on a ride with a local shop for another 5 miles. korean beef tacos after, plus beerssssss.
view on the initial climb:

heading down into bear territory

liquid lunch on a log

a little civil disobedience never hurt anyone, amirite?

view from the top of said disobedience

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
https://goo.gl/images/hc7N62

headed for the hills. sunny and 50* to start. perfect shorts and t shirt weather. leaves are just starting to turn. 3500’ up n down. had a blast remembering what it was like to be able to just huck off stuff and let my bike plow through the chop. amazeballz. then came back into town and goofed around on a ride with a local shop for another 5 miles. korean beef tacos after, plus beerssssss.
view on the initial climb:

heading down into bear territory

liquid lunch on a log

a little civil disobedience never hurt anyone, amirite?

view from the top of said disobedience