Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Not really a ride today, just a brief excursion to the woods. Too much standing and running water everywhere so I went to check out my dentist rocks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Spooky night in the forest. It was dead silent. Too quiet... had to turn on some music, my mind was kind of tripping after the recent coyote shiz.

Eventually came head on with a deer and a porcupine. A few km later I came across two deer on some winding single track; they started running so I gave chase. Felt like an ass for chasing them after, but it was quite entertaining. I was fully expecting to get steamrolled by a bigger one...:rofl:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Rolf!
Wow you guys are into full on winter eh?!
When did that happen?
I'm a couple hours south of @canadmos and for us it was this morning.
Woke up to a nice snow-squall.
Didn't hang around past mid-afternoon though,

@Bike078
Snow can be a blast, but only if on top of sandy, gravel based or heavy loam soil. If it drains well, you be good to go.
On top of clay is fun.
On top of clay and wet leaves like in my area is even more funz.
Things change after the ground gets a good freeze, but when it still has a whack of heat in it greasy is an understatement.

I do have an area 45 minutes drive away (Turkey Point) that is sand based in a predominately pine woods.
These trails are rideable almost all of the time. Deep winter snow not withstanding, although there is the requisite fat biking when the snow gets deep. :no:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm a couple hours south of @canadmos and for us it was this morning.
Woke up to a nice snow-squall.
Didn't hang around past mid-afternoon though,

@Bike078
Snow can be a blast, but only if on top of sandy, gravel based or heavy loam soil. If it drains well, you be good to go.
On top of clay is fun.
On top of clay and wet leaves like in my area is even more funz.
Things change after the ground gets a good freeze, but when it still has a whack of heat in it greasy is an understatement.

I do have an area 45 minutes drive away (Turkey Point) that is sand based in a predominately pine woods.
These trails are rideable almost all of the time. Deep winter snow not withstanding, although there is the requisite fat biking when the snow gets deep. :no:
Trail was unrideable...its about 5 minutes from Blue. Couldn't even stand up on the clay. :rofl::panic:

Usually have a great view of Georgian Bay from up here. Couldn't even see the bottom.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Today was a good day. Working out the kinks from moving a truckload of topsoil to the backyard with 20km and 1000m of climbing.

The immaculate conditions were a good motivator. Unreal.
A5D29E06-8649-453E-A3DE-F354C808883E.jpeg

85E50852-D811-44B7-AD95-B986A3C3C31F.jpeg

B5619BA9-A502-4856-BFD5-D0140EC851D9.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@AngryMetalsmith didn't come out and hold my beer :(

Sketchy slippery in there tonight. And somehow snow still on the ground, kind of??

I don't want winter, but I kind of hope the ground starts to freeze soon. For some frozen hero dirt action.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
My local spot in Danbury. Last two are bits from a new extension going in.

Hopefully things will freeze up soon...