Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
I didn't get the work that I bid on, so I got another day off.

Veered off the trail a bit and explored slick rock area - kinda like Moab and Sedona, but ours is granite instead of sand stone. We are in the middle of vast Mojave and Sonoran desert, I still find something new now and then after 5 years of riding/hiking in the area, like these little natural bridges.
IMG_1579.JPG

Happy ending
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fatties? Start in the snow?
Man that dirt looks amazing...
Fatties, just for something different and they worked well there. Buffalo Creek is all decomposed granite, fine until you hit a soft patch of accumulated kitty litter dirt and wash out. Today was the first time I've ridden there on the fattie in dry conditions, it meant being able to rail the corners and not worry about the deep "sandy" patches. On a normal bike I know where all the soft parts are and slow down for them, today was a lot of fun.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I didn't get the work that I bid on, so I got another day off.

Veered off the trail a bit and explored slick rock area - kinda like Moab and Sedona, but ours is granite instead of sand stone. We are in the middle of vast Mojave and Sonoran desert, I still find something new now and then after 5 years of riding/hiking in the area, like these little natural bridges.

Happy ending
View attachment 131874
Every time I see this I just think wood shavings.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Every time I see this I just think wood shavings.
They are very tender and tasty wood shavings!

It's a common menu item at various taco joints in AZ, normally served with Carne Asada. I get mine with shreadded beef instead.

My buddy got some kind of vacation perk from his work. His wife couldn't come, so he invited me instead. We rode around in Sedona for a few days.

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

IMG_1618.JPG

Torta Cubana at Cafe Jose. I recommend.
FullSizeRender 5.jpg

I think this tire is about finished.
IMG_1638.JPG

Don't have any action shots but my buddy got a couple of vids

Buzzed my butt on this one.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've heard of a fork in the road, but is that a burger ? Hmmm better steer clear...
The crazy thing is that this escaped from a rodeo many months back, so it's been wandering around this place while it rained, freezing rained, and now has dumped a few feet of snow. Someone said they saw a cow more than month ago and a bunch of people gave them shit for it, mostly in good jest. The bears are never completely asleep either and some tend to roam and even take a fish still once and a while even now. That's one badass survival cow to have been out there this whole time and not gotten eaten. The park where it's at butts up against the state park and it's basically wilderness. It wouldn't be unknown for a wolf to make it down there.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The crazy thing is that this escaped from a rodeo many months back, so it's been wandering around this place while it rained, freezing rained, and now has dumped a few feet of snow. Someone said they saw a cow more than month ago and a bunch of people gave them shit for it, mostly in good jest. The bears are never completely asleep either and some tend to roam and even take a fish still once and a while even now. That's one badass survival cow to have been out there this whole time and not gotten eaten. The park where it's at butts up against the state park and it's basically wilderness. It wouldn't be unknown for a wolf to make it down there.
Tactical Cow ?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I saved the hardest ride for the last day in LA 20 mile loop out onto Mulholland drive. Started in Woodland Hills at Valley Circle and 101, paralleled the freeway up to Las Virgenes (Malibu Cyn) the over to Mulholland and then rode Mulholland back to the start. 1.5 hours with 2700' of hill climbs. hit 46 mph on one of the down hills.

looking towards where they filmed MASH