Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
not very often, they are active a few hours before sunset until midnight then again around dawn. It's rare to catch them out in the open like this.

I have seen perhaps 30 of them in my 62 years on this planet
That's cool.
I saw one of these guys last winter. Confused me at first because the legs were so thick and I thought it was some kind of dog, it was just 5 feet to the right of the trail and just sat there and watched me climb by. This was on the trails that are at the edge of the city, but fairly populated.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
That's cool.
I saw one of these guys last winter. Confused me at first because the legs were so thick and I thought it was some kind of dog, it was just 5 feet to the right of the trail and just sat there and watched me climb by. This was on the trails that are at the edge of the city, but fairly populated.

Aren't they like those rabbits from Monty Pythons? After they go for the Jugular they maul your face off...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Aren't they like those rabbits from Monty Pythons? After they go for the Jugular they maul your face off...
Mebbee. Coolest animal I think I’ve seen while riding here is a wolf. Was riding way above the city in the winter at night. Came around a turn and about 100 feet in front of me was a lone wolf, but at first I was thinking, “wow, that’s a large wolf-looking dog, I wonder where it’s owners are?” Come to find out it was a female, was hit by a car down lower last year I think.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mebbee. Coolest animal I think I’ve seen while riding here is a wolf. Was riding way above the city in the winter at night. Came around a turn and about 100 feet in front of me was a lone wolf, but at first I was thinking, “wow, that’s a large wolf-looking dog, I wonder where it’s owners are?” Come to find out it was a female, was hit by a car down lower last year I think.
Since Wolves take down Elk. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume they could take down you also? Are the female fangs less fangy?

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Ridiculously swampy out there so have mostly been doing trail work. Some fucknut decided to ride every single soft dirt feature in our entire trail system sometime over the weekend. Of course he was riding nevegals. I hate people.

IMG_6955.jpg