Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Buddy derping around in the swamp. He got stuck. Apparently there is mansion being built there?

Some old locks from world war one era.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Did a 42 mile mixed street and gravel ride last weekend. It was fun but my girlfriend and I don't have gravel bikes. She was on her mtb and I was on my cobbled together commuter I built up from an old Trek mtb. Not ideal but still lots of fun. Especially since we hit some breweries near the end of the ride.

My saddle is not comfortable, I don't have any padded shorts, it made my ass hurt.

Did a 42 mile mixed street and gravel ride last weekend. It was fun but my girlfriend and I don't have gravel bikes. She was on her mtb and I was on my cobbled together commuter I built up from an old Trek mtb. Not ideal but still lots of fun. Especially since we hit some breweries near the end of the ride.

My saddle is not comfortable, I don't have any padded shorts, it made my ass hurt.

I fail to understand the gravel bike religion. For those conditions, I'd use my Moonlander.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I fail to understand the gravel bike religion. For those conditions, I'd use my Moonlander.
It would work, but over the course of 42 miles you'd get dusted by someone on 1.7" tires. Especially on the road sections.

I can see the allure of a gravel bike. It's a road bike that you don't have to baby and can handle light off road use. If I had infinite $$ I'd buy one before a road bike or a commuter bike. As it is I don't have infinite $$ so I'll just upgrade my commuter (old Trek mtb from circa 1997) with some beefier rubber and a more comfortable saddle and I'll be ready to rock the next time I do something like that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I pump my gravel/cross bikes tires up to 90psi and ride "road" on it. Its genious; if I see a path or trail I want to check out, no worries SEND IT.

For example...

It would work, but over the course of 42 miles you'd get dusted by someone on 1.7" tires. Especially on the road sections.

I can see the allure of a gravel bike. It's a road bike that you don't have to baby and can handle light off road use. If I had infinite $$ I'd buy one before a road bike or a commuter bike. As it is I don't have infinite $$ so I'll just upgrade my commuter (old Trek mtb from circa 1997) with some beefier rubber and a more comfortable saddle and I'll be ready to rock the next time I do something like that.
I'm not worried about getting "dusted". I'm riding for relaxation and enjoyment. I have ridden quite a bit of singletrack on a road bike, and while it can be done, it's silly. That said, I guess a sixty mile road ride on the Moonlander was also silly, but I enjoyed it.

Pedals? Check, we're on!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I'm not worried about getting "dusted". I'm riding for relaxation and enjoyment. I have ridden quite a bit of singletrack on a road bike, and while it can be done, it's silly. That said, I guess a sixty mile road ride on the Moonlander was also silly, but I enjoyed it.

Pedals? Check, we're on!
My ass would have been happier with big balloon tires!

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Went to find the trail that connects one barangay (village) to another. Last time I went there was maybe over 10 years ago. Much had changed. More houses and paved roads, which is good for the residents. The climb was longer and steeper than I remembered and I wish I had a bit more than 32 x 42. There was a section that was rough and super fast. Happy to ride some gnar again on my hardtail.

The marks on the coconut trunk are footholds so someone can go up to harvest them. I'm scared of heights and I won't be doing that anytime soon.

Near the top of the climb where there's a shortcut to the next village. That's the sea in the background. Guy on the motorcycle is carrying drinking water.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Where is this?

Went to find the trail that connects one barangay (village) to another. Last time I went there was maybe over 10 years ago. Much had changed. More houses and paved roads, which is good for the residents. The climb was longer and steeper than I remembered and I wish I had a bit more than 32 x 42. There was a section that was rough and super fast. Happy to ride some gnar again on my hardtail.

The marks on the coconut trunk are footholds so someone can go up to harvest them. I'm scared of heights and I won't be doing that anytime soon.

Near the top of the climb where there's a shortcut to the next village. That's the sea in the background. Guy on the motorcycle is carrying drinking water.