Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
put in a nice 22 mile loop in le pisgah today. spent a bunch of time on one of the trails clearing downfall. things were in awesome, burly, rugged condition. wish it had been a tad less rainy. it also got colder as the day went on, which kinda sucked (started mid 50s, ended mid-40s) but had a blast overall and super glad i decided to go.
244B9376-6990-4714-A41B-1EFBCBA6288D.jpeg

gotta get up to get down
D8BD9B7E-873E-40B9-9FC5-26AF3FD98C68.jpeg

just another day in god’s country for the agnostic mountain biker
71F89D2C-8262-4181-B7D1-176E2ABB5248.jpeg
3246ED14-A252-42EE-B182-DB9A179B03B8.jpeg

i feel like legs and bike were dirtier than that IRL. def. glad there was a towel in the trunk to put on the seat!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tough lunch ride. Fluffy snow covering ice/slush. Almost no grip but still barely rideable. This has been a terrible month for riding. :mad:

I dunno about about over there, but it's been a terrible winter...

Weather has been doing a snow-rain-melt-freeze-snow loop for a long time. Sucks for everything :(

One side benefit, I guess, is that there is less packed down trails in a few areas. So hopefully they melt quickly during the thaw, rather than remaining a ribbon of ice until end of March.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Visited my old folks again. 5 days there, on 4 days I rode 2 different pump tracks (1x the paved one, 3x the dirt one). Judging by how my legs feel this can be considered training, right? Plenty of young rippers on both tracks. Taught one random kid how to ride it right and he went from not making 1/3 of the dirt pump track to all the way around w/o pedaling. Success! :cool:

GU_Pumptrack.jpg
KR_Pumptrack_1.jpg
KR_Pumptrack_2.jpg

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
One side benefit, I guess, is that there is less packed down trails in a few areas. So hopefully they melt quickly during the thaw, rather than remaining a ribbon of ice until end of March.
I like the late ribbon. Keeps those pesky early spring mud boggers away.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I dunno about about over there, but it's been a terrible winter...

Weather has been doing a snow-rain-melt-freeze-snow loop for a long time. Sucks for everything :(

Yep, the worst winter I remember.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My little guy has been aching to go for a trail ride. conditions were hard and not too cold today, so I thought we'd give it a try:

was tough going:

but he persisted and didn't get discouraged:

the bikes:

I think with a fatbike he could actually have had a lot of fun. Hmmm...

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
My buddy's b-day yesterday. Rode his favorite local trail.
IMG_1936.JPG

Desert vegetation starting to come alive. These poppy flowers are about 3 times the size we normally see, presumably because of metric crap tons of rain and snow we got this winter.
IMG_1940.jpg

Spotted this weirdo. Its peduncle looks like a ribbon cable.
IMG_1938.jpg

Yuccas blossoming (doesn't happen often in the wild, from what I've seen).
IMG_1935.jpg

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Video of my buddy Karl getting absolutely destroyed on some wet, muddy, rowdy trail we were riding over the weekend. Watch till the second crash when they get back on the bikes around 1:00. Dude gets freaking tamohawked/starfished down the hillside :brows:

I was driving the shuttle rig this lap so I didn't get to watch the chaos.

@Tantrum Cycles you might get a kick out of this since you know Karl.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Pushing. A buddy was coming the opposite direction via snowshoes. Going to do another 'shoe lap tomorrow, then it'll be packed in decently enough to actually ride. Got to make sure the stuntry is cleared!
IMG_6905.JPG
IMG_6908.JPG
IMG_6910.JPG