Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
From yesterday. Did an impromptu ride with my wheel builder and his lady friend. He got up on a rickety old deer stand for the picture. Ladder detached as he was attempting to get down. :rofl:

And below is from today. Last two days it has been humid like summer again. Leaves are already changing on many trees. :(

Rode down this steep wall of a hill. Lady friend is standing here at the top questioning why people ride down this type of crap. Because it's fun, duh... :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
From yesterday. Did an impromptu ride with my wheel builder and his lady friend. He got up on a rickety old deer stand for the picture. Ladder detached as he was attempting to get down. :rofl:

And below is from today. Last two days it has been humid like summer again. Leaves are already changing on many trees. :(

Rode down this steep wall of a hill. Lady friend is standing here at the top questioning why people ride down this type of crap. Because it's fun, duh... :D
Your terrain looks exactly like ours.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Turns out jello wrasslin with wild pigs is a lot harder than it might initially seem.

So after having a bro shredfest par excellence, I went for a bonus lap and just put a foot out after clearing a little root gap and stuck it straight into a previously unnoticed stump. Went down like the hidden sniper got me and knew I had melted something bad. Possible addition to the "its not all bad news" thred, some very nice and helpful groms were nearby and after ascertaining I wasn't a zombie homeless man (despite my less than civilized appearance) they walked my bike out and offered a limp shoulder - sadly my heavy all-mountain flab body made that unworkable so I hopped out. Anyway, I will reach out to @mtg to see if they will make me some custom bone plates when its surgery time #RevvedLeg

Shitty thing this is seriously painful and sleeping appears to be a bridge to far, so apologies in advance for impending, even more non-sequitur than usual ramblings.

So post up rad ride pics so I can spank my hog to keep the stoke level maintained.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Turns out jello wrasslin with wild pigs is a lot harder than it might initially seem.

So after having a bro shredfest par excellence, I went for a bonus lap and just put a foot out after clearing a little root gap and stuck it straight into a previously unnoticed stump. Went down like the hidden sniper got me and knew I had melted something bad. Possible addition to the "its not all bad news" thred, some very nice and helpful groms were nearby and after ascertaining I wasn't a zombie homeless man (despite my less than civilized appearance) they walked my bike out and offered a limp shoulder - sadly my heavy all-mountain flab body made that unworkable so I hopped out. Anyway, I will reach out to @mtg to see if they will make me some custom bone plates when its surgery time #RevvedLeg

Shitty thing this is seriously painful and sleeping appears to be a bridge to far, so apologies in advance for impending, even more non-sequitur than usual ramblings.

So post up rad ride pics so I can spank my hog to keep the stoke level maintained.
Heal up soon, dude!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Some jerkoff took my favorite rock out of this trail. It's a triangle-shape and excellent for testing your high-speed blowoff. I found it and put it back.
70558270_10101810156688678_2203001060988026880_n.jpg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Some jerkoff took my favorite rock out of this trail. It's a triangle-shape and excellent for testing your high-speed blowoff. I found it and put it back.View attachment 137262
AngryTrailGnome reps for you Sir !

If you have to put it back again, go back with a shovel and dig a huge hole in the middle of the trail, fill it with the biggest rock you can move by yourself, then cover with dirt and pack down so only a small part is sticking up. Let the sanitizers break their toes and fingers trying to pry it out.

Oh yeah, piss on it so they get gnome pee on their hands when they mess with your work.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Spent the weekend up in Big Bear, rode Snow Summit, trails were absolutely trashed, had tons of fun, ripped tons of laps and took exactly 1 photo while waiting for my buddy to reassemble the rear end of his Transition after the pivot bolt fell out. The Trail Pistol shreds at the park.

Attachments

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Welp, I done blowed up my knee (tibial plateau shature), so lets hear some binge worthy TV series I should check out. Oxy infused cocktail recipes also accepted.

Fuck dude. How bad? I did a Grade VI in April. I'm back on a bike now, but it's still nowhere close to 100%.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Welp, I done blowed up my knee (tibial plateau shature), so lets hear some binge worthy TV series I should check out. Oxy infused cocktail recipes also accepted.

Healing vibes. That sucks.

Can you get a hand powered recumbent and still send it? :brows:

Mindhunter on Netflix is decent...

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

Le Suck for sure. Whats the heal time after surgery?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Le Suck for sure. Whats the heal time after surgery?
Will know more later on today, but I am (optimistically) hoping for ~8 weeks, then start crushing greenways. Sooner if @SuboptimusPrime can finally do something useful with his medical degree and get me some HGH and NFL caliber steroid elixirs. I mean shit, my forehead is already Troy Brosnan big, so whats a few more hat sizes at this point?

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Surprisingly, there's a trail system right in the middle of Kansas.

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2792.jpg

Saw a couple of turtles chilling on the trail, and I ran over a couple of snakes.

IMG_2796.JPG

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Price, UT. It kinda reminded me of a section of The Whole Enchilada, but not quite as scenic nor fun. My first impression was meh, but I liked one trail that I rode on the way out (Smo Joe's, one legit 15-ish foot rollable gap, somewhat techy but decent flow with enough speed). I'm not gonna drive out there just to ride the trails, but would definitely stop the next time I drive through.

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

Last edited: