Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Our new shoulderless resident in our 2nd lander on the main jump line

Pibbers...an integral part of any cedar cribbing structure

Found this today...whoever made it is probably getting a good ironic chuckle about our bout with the 'Rona

Doggo was whupped

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Let me know next time you are down here and have a few hours to kill. The main trail system is about 15 miles from the airport. I can probably find a bike for you.
I don't get much further West than Prescott these days, parents have a place in Payson, but maybe. Planning to be back down in AZ in beginning of October.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Season opener for me (first skinny ride of the year on my 'real bike'). There's a spot about 30 minutes away that's all on Canadian Shield. It's a short loop (3km), but it usually dries out before anywhere else. Normally we'd do at least two laps in each direction, but last night was a social ride so we only did it once each way...:
1586291242735.png

1586291259583.png

1586291282543.png

1586291310371.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode out to an OG spot on the Greenway which has been over crowded with groups of meandering mouth-breathers since the lock down started. Decided to wait until 6:30 Sunday evening to leave hoping the 6 miles of pavement would be less crowded. Nope, not really.

Took my lights and wore a bandana like a houdlum the whole time on the Greenway. Almost no one wore a mask or gave a shit about six feet. Once in the woods I thought I'd be safe to drop the bandana and enjoy myself for a bit. Nope. Saw some random dude, off trail, walking around drinking something from a can and possibly smoking a cigarette. Twenty minutes or so later I was cruising down a fast line, came around a tree and there was roadie in my way. A roadie ! And he wanted to come closer and talk.

Found a suitable shed spot and chilled until it started to get dark. Then turned around and rode that section backwards to minimize contact on the dirt road. And to no surprise, there was no one else out there after dark.

covid-night-ride.jpg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Is Kanata ridebruh? Must melt fast there?
I have avoided it. It is a pretty popular spot, and I don't really want to get close to people at the moment! It's also pretty much surrounded by residential developments now, so the increase in foot traffic and dog walkers is pretty phenomenal. Usually, it is the third spot to be rid of snow (after Carp, and the south-facing ridge of Gatineau Park).

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Quick sprint up the hill this am. Photo doesn't lie – old bike is short, steep! (yes, I have two silver sovs)

IMG_7432_sm.jpg

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Quick sprint up the hill this am. Photo doesn't lie – old bike is short, steep! (yes, I have two silver sovs)

View attachment 143314
there you go!

Always wanted a Sovereign. After trying a long it was clear it was too small. When I look at pics of my old Chameleon SS and see the distancing length seatpost, I wonder how I was able to ride it.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
there you go!

Always wanted a Sovereign. After trying a long it was clear it was too small. When I look at pics of my old Chameleon SS and see the distancing length seatpost, I wonder how I was able to ride it.
yeah, and these are the long. Would imagine it would be tiny for you.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Bixi setting up today. Planned opening April 15. Friendly workers asked the little guy if he'd like to help. He said no. :)
We watched for a while. They weren't keeping 2m between them. At times <1m talking to each other.

IMG_7435.JPG

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bixi setting up today. Planned opening April 15. Friendly workers asked the little guy if he'd like to help. He said no. :)
We watched for a while. They weren't keeping 2m between them. At times <1m talking to each other.

View attachment 143377
I've bad experiences with Toronto's bixi rentals haha.

Actually didn't think about those....I'm guessing they're all locked up now and unable to be released?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I've bad experiences with Toronto's bixi rentals haha.

Actually didn't think about those....I'm guessing they're all locked up now and unable to be released?
Not sure I'm following you...

Bixi is starting in Montreal for real on the 15th.