Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
48 miles today, 6 hours out in the cold, 3F/-16C. Good ride. It's all about the right gear.
134669013_10102222999628118_3475641232536398409_n.jpg

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
It won't work, those gloves will just get wet and cold too.

I tape toe-warmers to the handlebar.
they seem to be perfect for our conditions. Hovering around zero C, wet.

no bulk on the palm, just enough to contain the heat generated on the pedal up, plenty of control to not die on the way down.
I recommend.

My old Dakines were great, but it couldn’t find a Dakine equivalent.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
they seem to be perfect for our conditions. Hovering around zero C, wet.

no bulk on the palm, just enough to contain the heat generated on the pedal up, plenty of control to not die on the way down.
I recommend.

My old Dakines were great, but it couldn’t find a Dakine equivalent.
Did the stem not get in the way of the bigger gloves?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I may need a good 'Nam tour from some of ya'll one of these days. Been maybe 5-6 years since last there.
Same here. Was there maybe 10 years ago and got a guided tour with @splat . It was really cool sessioning some of the features. My skillset has improve since then and I'm sure I could send more of it. That, and never got a chance to ride the fun side of Lynn.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally a day without rain but trails were a mess so we stuck mainly to the bigger gravel paths and old trails that do not get ridden. Checked out a new section of trail that looks to be much better than the path it will replace. New trail is routed higher up on a small ridge and will better utilize the elevation and a more interesting flow vs the old trail which is flat and boring and most likely just an old hiking trail. Its marked with pink flags. Post ride I enjoyed some of the spoils of RMSS courtesy of @Sandro

Nyt spor flag.jpg

Bock.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode some of the fun ""dh"" trails in the snow today, including one of the bushwacked loam steep ones. Wheel deep in powder on that one, didn't even need to use the brakes. In the summer your dragging ass on your back wheel. I think everyone ate shit today. :rofl:

One nordic skier got a little surly when we bumped into him crossing a ski trail, after taking a small portion of one earlier (single track there wasn't packed at all). All the other skiers were super nice and friendly, like us. But this one guy....wow.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I may need a good 'Nam tour from some of ya'll one of these days. Been maybe 5-6 years since last there.
Same here. Was there maybe 10 years ago and got a guided tour with @splat . It was really cool sessioning some of the features. My skillset has improve since then and I'm sure I could send more of it. That, and never got a chance to ride the fun side of Lynn.
Just say the word gents, and we can make arrangements.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Rode some of the fun ""dh"" trails in the snow today, including one of the bushwacked loam steep ones. Wheel deep in powder on that one, didn't even need to use the brakes. In the summer your dragging ass on your back wheel. I think everyone ate shit today. :rofl:

One nordic skier got a little surly when we bumped into him crossing a ski trail, after taking a small portion of one earlier (single track there wasn't packed at all). All the other skiers were super nice and friendly, like us. But this one guy....wow.

Rode one of our DH trails today, complete with high berms and jumps, all packed down hard. Was a blast. It's right next to the city ski hill, so sometimes snowboarders come down it too.

I also explored some of the strastrugi I ran into yesterday when skiing, but I didn't access it quite right. If I did, I could have just kept going up the valley way up into the mountain, which would have been fun to come down. Otherwise, stuck to trails and got about 4K vert and out in -1°F to +11° for 4.5hrs.

1609652633691.png

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Was riding the cross bike but had the good camera in the backpack. At the jump spot one dude was riding, so I took some pics. Pretty dark, had to use a ridiculous high ISO, but oh well. 12/20 fps for sure is nice to hit the right moment. :D

LS_20210103_8+.jpg