Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
72miles and a shit load of up and down vert. Riding home from Winter Park, taking the direct route over the mountains on dirt.
20210717_093421_resized.jpg

20210717_093801_resized_1.jpg

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I know it isn't, but it reminds me of the now closed to bikes drop into Antz Basin, ID.
This looks really cool, but the route is shitty, it's basically a dirt road to the pass. The backside is a super steep dirt road. I just did out and back. A few people rave about the DH on the other side, yes, it does drop about 3K vert, but it's the most un-fun descent I know. At least back towards the city in the way I went there's some good trails eventually after miles on the dirt road. I do have some ideas to incorporate some ridge-riding into this route that might make it more interesting.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Short ride after work.

Riding past a wheat field and heard a bunch of rustling, looked over and saw a bunch of turkey heads bobbing up and down like a wack-a-mole machine. Got visions of the raptors in the grass in Jurassic Park :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am reminded why I never go to Mt Rainier N.P. Too many people and it looks largely the same from 60 miles away as it does half way up.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
I had a bad wreck at the end of May (concussion and dislocated ribs). Spent a little over a month at my family's place in CA, attending buddy's wedding and getting my ribs adjusted weekly by a physical therapist. Finally recovered well enough to go outside and do something.

Eased back into outdoor activities by hiking at Sequoia National Monument
IMG_5791.JPG

Got back home a few days ago, greeted by a series of early monsoon storms. Kicking back and trying to remember how to ride a bike before I go back to work next week.
IMG_5829.JPG