Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
It’s been dry for a few days straight so out of the gate and off for a ride…

Top of Mt. Albert looking east.
9F64F21C-EF26-47FB-9D56-B667189B217C.jpeg

Top of Mt. Vic, downtown Welly view.
2F33414B-D5EE-4FF1-ABC2-777609140E3C.jpeg

‘Bombhole’ trail on Mt. Vic. Mt. Vic is rooty.
F6A88535-1460-46E3-8496-3E8DAACE3322.jpeg

More Bombhole.
3AD6F570-2579-4CCC-A611-E87B94EEE72B.jpeg

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
She's a short, but steep one.

Pirate?
If legal, gots a name, location and did anybody get vid?

Bromont got scrubbed last minute. Accoms fell thru and that's a lot of driving for a few hours of riding in the rain with nowhere to stay. So, Horseshoe on Monday is the plan with Bromont hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pirate?
If legal, gots a name, location and did anybody get vid?

Bromont got scrubbed last minute. Accoms fell thru and that's a lot of driving for a few hours of riding in the rain with nowhere to stay. So, Horseshoe on Monday is the plan with Bromont hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks.
Its a snowshoe trail at the top of Georgian Peaks kind of. Nothing very technical, just very steep. We shuttle it..

We took this video last year..3:02 is my favorite spot. Nice break in the opening with a cliff to the right and then into the steeps again.

This is the other trail in there. More technical, but not as steep. Trail starts really going at 2:20

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
View attachment 162932
This healthy fella said "Don't bother me, I'm eating..."
Hella scary.

Last week I did a little trail-gap feature that crosses over the main trail and on the runout I realized I was in between two calves and the mom was over on the side eating away. I was fully expecting a charge, since I was right in the middle of the two calves, one was ahead of me on the trail, the other was a little in front. Then I noticed the one on the trail was limping/hopping, not able to use it's right rear leg. Had been damaged, probably by a bear, but given it was in such bad shape, it would probably succumb to a bear soon. That may be why the mom didn't charge me, she may have already disowned the injured calf. Moose are very dangerous around here.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I actually didn’t even see him until he was about 10 feet to the side of me. But he was an ultra-chill motherfucker, barely even looked up. Spooked me. But he really gave no fucks, good living in the quaint homes and yards of Teton Village.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
From Sunday. Typical Danish trail building: you come riding towards the camera on the right trail, and after a loop of another 500 m come back on the middle trail into the berm.

LD2.jpg

LD1.jpg

Great flow but they use a little too much gravel for my taste and the bermkakke is real. I guess these are parts of the requirements they have to fulfil so they got the building permit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today's Ride featured a lot of tech. Splattering of mud puddles, just before most of the rocks and roots, perfect test to find out how crappy this Maxxis Aggressor tire is in said conditions. :D

Saw a family of bears scoot across the road shortly after. Cute ones out back.

the bermkakke is real.
Too true. Some clubs around here have a serious berm fetish. Flat berms, downhill berms, uphill berms, the list goes on! Stealing this term for future use.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Excuse the potatoe cam, but here we can see a rock hippo in its natural habitat.
Thought this little fun section would look better, on well hah. Had to opt for the tiny rock roll at the end, naturally.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ran into one of our newer local riders during his first trip to the park.
We were doing a little sessioning and he had never hit a drop this size and was a bit apprehensive, so I offered to tow him in at a moderate speed so he could get a feel for it.

Second attempt - he nailed it. Now to pick up the speed.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ran into one of our newer local riders during his first trip to the park.
We were doing a little sessioning and he had never hit a drop this size and was a bit apprehensive, so I offered to tow him in at a moderate speed so he could get a feel for it.

Second attempt - he nailed it. Now to pick up the speed.
Go a little faster and he can learn what landing to flat means and feels like. :D