Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ

Going down this path of playing with a video camera now. This was my first atempt riding and filming since long a go. Found a bunch of improvements to reach and try. Entertaining myself maybe you 2.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Homemade steel FS mullet bike?
Yes, it is a homemade mullet but the rear end is off of a carbon Scott Gambler. I don’t yet know how to tig weld so that’s why there are so many big heat affected zones and booger welds. It is holding up and I am not ded yet.

Over in The Shop forum there are some more pics in @sikocycles thread on his 8020 frame jig

8E4EDB2C-ED13-45AB-90F4-C954BBFE8F7E.jpeg

The frame jig was almost more work with a less desirable result, haha. I like repurposing whatever I can find sometimes and so the jig design criteria was restricted to angle iron, bits of scrap alu and Boxxer crowns. Whatever was already in my garage, in a corner, was fair game.

E1CEF3BB-A30D-4102-ADC7-06D31F211194.jpeg

Last edited:

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Yes, it is a homemade mullet but the rear end is off of a carbon Scott Gambler. I don’t yet know how to tig weld so that’s why there are so many big heat affected zones and booger welds. It is holding up and I am not ded yet.

Over in The Shop forum there are some more pics in @sikocycles thread on his 8020 frame jig

View attachment 167820

The frame jig was almost more work with a less desirable result, haha. I like repurposing whatever I can find sometimes and so the jig design criteria was restricted to angle iron, bits of scrap alu and Boxxer crowns. Whatever was already in my garage, in a corner, was fair game.

View attachment 167818
Awesome. Took me a few seconds to spot that Boxxer crown!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just got my first pair of dedicated riding pants and for the cold and wet bullshit I have to deal with for 6 months a year totally worth it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So when I was in Tryon. It looked like the trails were cleared off. Today at West bay so many folks rode over the leaves that it looks like you can see the trail in the wet spots. Leaf pits too. Fun as fuck. Wheelies didn't matter so much today.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Just got my first pair of dedicated riding pants and for the cold and wet bullshit I have to deal with for 6 months a year totally worth it.
I've acquired a few over the years, but these are the favorites! Around 20 year old Kona "DH" pants. Nice thick fabric, Velcro at the lower legs, two basic pockets. No frills, very comfy, and they just keep going.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've acquired a few over the years, but these are the favorites! Around 20 year old Kona "DH" pants. Nice thick fabric, Velcro at the lower legs, two basic pockets. No frills, very comfy, and they just keep going.
I've tried softshell and rainpants that I normally use for non biking winter activities and just end up soaked from sweat. The Fox racing Flexairs I just got kept me just warm enough and dry in wet conditions hovering around freezing, which is the most common condition here in winter and IMO the hardest to stay comfortable. I'd rather have dry sub freezing weather.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Holding out for the full onesie so my farts can be vented closer to my face.
dirtlej-dirtsuit-core-edition-steel-blue-3.jpg

You are welcome! :D

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
The Fox racing Flexairs
Are they long enough for long legged non fat people? I have a size 30/31 waist/hips and size 34 long legs. Most pants that fit around my waist leave a good junk of socks atop my ankles in the fresh air. Solution so far - shorts all year long and dirty lower legs.

Edit: I just took a look around on the Fox website. Big nooooo

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Are they long enough for long legged non fat people? I have a size 30/31 waist/hips and size 34 long legs. Most pants that fit around my waist leave a good junk of socks atop my ankles in the fresh air. Solution so far - shorts all year long and dirty lower legs.

The struggle is real. 33-34 waist and 36 long is pretty much non existent in moto or mtb pants. I’d love a fart catching onesie, if only they were remotely my size.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Paper thin so it tears easily hopefully.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have a size 30/31 waist/hips and size 34 long legs.
Same here, only 34 waist / 31 long legs. :busted: Looks like I am lucky as my baroque physique is well catered to on this content. :doh:

For temps above freezing, I ride in 100% DH pants that I got on sale last winter. I appreciate the extra venting in the (heat) exhaust area, too. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

This is where being average sized is a big advantage. Even so normally at 30/32 waist/inseam they feel a tad short. However they are cut so that the cuffs don't rise up when legs are bent so it works well for me.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Out working on some trails today. Mostly snow-shoeing, some riding. It's quite technical, lots of tight turns, obstacles to get over, etc. It'll get easier as we get more snow throughout the season, but the challenges are fun.

1637885948286.png

The gear.

1637885971113.png

After several snow-shoe passes, shoveling and filling in gaps and holes, then 6 passes back and forth on the bike.

1637885994048.png

Right is a path I spent a while on yesterday trying to get it to connect through. It eventually just dead-ends because I gave up.

1637886022098.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Short ride today with mixed conditions.

The root cutting pandemic has reached this forest, which is sad.

Wore shorts. Hoping to make it to December wearing them, but it might be questionable if I can ride the normal bike again.

Sacrifice to the mud gods. I'm sure the wet trails nazis will be happy.

But other than a few mud spots, the trails are mostly frozen. The ground looks wet though, so it takes some getting used to that frozen velcro grip stuff.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Wore shorts. Hoping to make it to December wearing them, but it might be questionable if I can ride the normal bike again.

But other than a few mud spots, the trails are mostly frozen. The ground looks wet though, so it takes some getting used to that frozen velcro grip stuff.
WTF is this root cutting nonsense? That's how you kill trees.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality

Those conditions are neither my favourite or my best.

DD536A7D-54ED-43D2-84B8-3DD088475462.jpeg