Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I fucked up big time by not taking a picture. But the mrs junkyard has started expressing interest in mtbing. 8 years of me dropping positive hints it took. But we stopped by the bike store to pick up my new frame and she took a ride on a full sus liv. She loved it so it came home and after I fitted her to it we scheduled a ride with the kids despite the cold weather. Turns out the trails were covered in snow when we got there. But everyone had a great time the little one complained despite kicking way more ass on her sisters old bigger bike. Mrs junkyard couldn’t stop talking about how nice it was and how she didn’t realize how comfy and easy the bike would be to ride. Anyway it was a short ride but I couldn’t be happier. New episode of life is apparently starting.
Now don't ruin it and try to take her on a 20 mile black diamond loop ;)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's not a ride, fight me.

Bruce trail hates bikes. Fact.

Only one rock picture for @jdcamb. One of these ancient ones, that I'm guessing was at the bottom of a sea at one point?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Very casual ride today, rode 32km of mostly bike path and road, not enough energy to ride much XC.
PXL_20221119_234643470_1.jpg

As usual, Google phone says- Fuck what you saw, I'm gonna saturate the shit outta everything!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I would poach the fuck out of the Bruce Trail if I lived by it. It basically runs on top of the Niagara Escarpment, right?
Yeah it does. It has some crazy terrain and would be great on bikes (other than all the stairs and whatnot), but sadly there always seems to be a grumpy greyhaired protector of the trails nearby.

I wish I knew the history of why they are so against bikes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not black diamond, but I did take my MTB newbie wife for a loop at Buffalo Creek. She did better than expected, but I genuinely feared she wouldn't make it back to the truck. :rofl:
S used to hate riding there because of the loose conditions. She's ridden the big loop both the past weekends on her rigid 29er clipped in having a blast (she's still flats on her trail bike). It's really fun to hammer around there on the rigid bikes, I'm going to singlespeed rigid it next year once it warms up.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Tallest drop of the day.
Prime, prime New England Leaf Surfing! Dry and crunchy!
PXL_20221123_182042479_copy_3060x2304.jpg

And the house we would buy if we had to live in West Hartford (full disclosure, I was alone, so I hit it about 1/2-way down, about where the front wheel is)down,
PXL_20221123_183510013.PORTRAIT_copy_3060x2213.jpg

Last edited: