Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm not talking about June I'm talking about right now :rofl:

I know the day to day seasonal changes in length of daylight happen way faster up there. Just seems warm, that's all.
Tomorrow’s high is 35, but it will be warmer in some spots. The sun in the high pressure is melting the hell out of roads, which is messy…but good. Its radiating at night though due to being clear so the trails arent really falling apart all that much. When we get winter chinooks the snow goes isothermal and just falls apart. That happens several times in the winter. Now, its just the normal sun that we start getting as we move away from storm cycles and into the spring. Min temp -4F when i was driving to Hatcher Pass on Sunday, but warmed up to where we had to climb in t-shirts and we all got burnt. Yep, this is when our spring starts.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
you have dirt that looks like that nearby right now?

man, I wish I had dirt that looks like that nearby right now

at this point I'm pretty sure dirt itself is a myth invented by satan just to keep us shoveling
We do, in limited edition and only for the moment. This is False Spring #1.

I think it'll be June before you see the earth again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Moar poaching. The dork logger failed after a bit, which blows, I wanted to see how fast we were going down the hills. Full tuck on some of them, great conditions....except for the odd hidden soft hole of snow...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
what's the poaching part?

that a paid xc joint or something?

if so, carry on my wayward son!
Yeah xc ski trails. The wide groomed trail is most excellent for going down hills, as long as you don't drift into the set track on the side...bad things happen if you do. :busted:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sorry for adding to the fat bike content, but excellent ride today.

Thanks to the snowdog for churning up the snow and hiding the real edge of the packed snow, I ate it here. Back wheel sunk, bike stopped and I didn't. Went to go put my foot down and discovered that solid ground was a good foot below where I thought it was. Ended up on my back in knee deeper powder, with the bike ontop of me. The stretchy part of my pants got stuck on my handlebars too. Lovely. :rofl:

Some slot car track action.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Finally got out for a ride. Feels like it's been months and my legs would agree.

Wore my Sunday best clothing, of course.
Nice Bike Brother,Steal Fork as well? What year? I want a Fatty. Why do they not have Proper Fenders for Fatties? I Read over at a fatty thread on mtbr that Nothing get’s you Soaking Wet like a Fatty. Stop Boys,I can hear it now. I have not seen Proper F/R Fenders? We should start making them.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Finally some cooler temps down in the single F digits this morning. That firmed the snow way up and it was great to ride! Also nice to be cooler when riding :) View attachment 189677
That Bike and those BadAss Mitten Warmers are All World. That’s right,All World. Talk about extreme cold,Jimeny.

Avy

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nice Bike Brother,Steal Fork as well? What year? I want a Fatty. Why do they not have Proper Fenders for Fatties? I Read over at a fatty thread on mtbr that Nothing get’s you Soaking Wet like a Fatty. Stop Boys,I can hear it now. I have not seen Proper F/R Fenders? We should start making them.

Avy
Aluminum fork, not sure of the year.

Unless you're riding on slush, fenders don't really do much. And if you are riding powder snow like in @Jozz 's pic above, the snow is coming from all direction as it falls from trees and branches that you touch.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Aluminum fork, not sure of the year.

Unless you're riding on slush, fenders don't really do much. And if you are riding powder snow like in @Jozz 's pic above, the snow is coming from all direction as it falls from trees and branches that you touch.
This is what is needed sometimes.

1048401_2.jpg

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Definitely spring down here for the past week+. Slush, snow melt, rain/snow, grey!
I have a friend in Lachine who was telling me the same. Maybe it will be one of those years were we could ride the fatbike here on snow in the morning and head down to Oka to ride on dirt in the afternoon.