Quantcast

the local trails

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hey these are the local trails we ride. Theyre somewhat secret, but not really. One guy does most of the digging, and i help when i can. You can pick from 4 or 5 different lines, each one alot different from the other. Theyre a ton of fun to ride, but get dusty and wrecked by the end of the summer. These pics were after we were out there digging and repairing. The ride pics come later when the dirt isnt so sticky. Were also talking about building an sst flow-style park in these hills too.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
the trails are in terrace heights.

and the dirt is nice, except theres a ton of rocks that we pile in between the doubles. the rocks suck

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
ok i am definately taking some time to hit that up some time this spring!! or next fall...whenever i am back that way!! i had no idea the trails were that sweet out there!!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
allsk8sno said:
ok i am definately taking some time to hit that up some time this spring!! or next fall...whenever i am back that way!! i had no idea the trails were that sweet out there!!

haha! yea man i been saying you guys should come ride for a long time. Its too bad i had to take off when you and eric were going to come out a couple months ago. Just give me a call when you want to come out. my email is broke now, so the phone is better

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
went digging this morning again. Brought the camera along, cause i just got it and taking pics is fun. It was foggy most of the time, made for some cool pictures.

enjoy!

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
those jumps look insanly huge(second pic) when by themselfs but when you put a person(third pic) in the background they look just perfect. i like those alot they look very fun and flowy

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
thanks for the props, but the guy in the pic is the main builder and designer. He's oscar, the main man at these trails and the owner of www.simplebikeco.com

the guy can ride!

we took the measuring tape out with us today, and that one getting worked on in the third pic is 17 feet. The double in the back middle of the second pic is 21 feet. The next double in that set measured out to 31 feet. theres alot of 14 footers-16 footers. smallest one out there is 11 feet. :thumb:

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
looks good. do you know austin, races bmx and works for valley and jakes? my buddy thomas runs jakes and i've been hangin out there quite a bit. you should check it out.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i like the fact that they are out of the way, because the more people know where things are the more people will come and screw it all up

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i think i know austin. he has an unfinished track in his backyard, right?

and jakes, been in there once, but i prefer getting my parts through oscar or revolution cycles over on fruitvale...

and theres been some problems with people coming in with their dirt bikes and tearing **** up. but not too bad.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
What happened?
The trails were never officially approved of to begin with. Here we are 20 years later and a local mtb scene was starting to develop around the jumps. Mountain bikers were starting to tell their friends and put them on trail forks. It was blowing up until the new HOA president decided the mtb community was enemy number one. So he has done this. Onwards and upwards! We are trying to get an asphalt pumptrack for town.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The death of that was due to liability, I'd wager...
From what I can make of it the new HOA president hated the presence of people that didn't own property out there. Its technically all private roads and there shouldn't be any public access. It was all a giant power trip. I've heard stories about this guy getting in peoples faces.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The death of that was due to liability, I'd wager...
Washington has a no liability law for land owners when it comes to recreation. Lots of trails around here on private timberland. There is a long standing "illegal" trail system with jumps on corporate property.