Quantcast

The long awaited...

N I C K

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
Sunapee, NH
CHUMBA F4!

Well after almost 6 months of waiting i finally have had a chance to fix and build this bitch up.

Chumba F4
888 Rc
Fox Vanilla Dh
Chris King headset
Diablos bars
Shimano 105 drivetrain
E.13
Truvatic Holzfeller cranks
A-frames
Thomson Post
Funn saddle
Mags w/ floating brake ;-)
Highrollers

I got a chance to race this beast at Bolton last weekend and it was amazing. Bottomless travel. Felt extremely stabble in open slopes. And rails corners like no other. Im very happy with my choice and am lookin to upgrade over the winter.

Peace

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Nice looking bike. I have always admired the Chumbas. But I am curious about the remote res-do you get more volume? I don't see the need. and is it true that the rear derailleur hangers are not replaceable?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Heath Sherratt said:
Nice looking bike. I have always admired the Chumbas. But I am curious about the remote res-do you get more volume? I don't see the need. and is it true that the rear derailleur hangers are not replaceable?

Yeah, no replaceable hanger. It's thicker than crap though, if you bend it up i think that's going to be the least of your worries.......

N I C K

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
Sunapee, NH
Yea there is chainslap now i just need to get a 40t ring and i will be all set. and fuzzy nuts, any frame with that type of swingarm is gonna be flexy no matter what.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
N I C K said:
Yea there is chainslap now i just need to get a 40t ring and i will be all set. and fuzzy nuts, any frame with that type of swingarm is gonna be flexy no matter what.

I wouldn't call that rear end flexy at all.

billmwu

Chimp
Jan 19, 2021
CHUMBA F4!

Well after almost 6 months of waiting i finally have had a chance to fix and build this bitch up.

Chumba F4
888 Rc
Fox Vanilla Dh
Chris King headset
Diablos bars
Shimano 105 drivetrain
E.13
A-frames
Thomson Post
Funn saddle
Highrollers

I got a chance to race this beast at Bolton last weekend and it was amazing. Bottomless travel. Felt extremely stabble in open slopes. And rails corners like no other. Im very happy with my choice and am lookin to upgrade over the winter.

Peace
DO YOU STILL HAVE THIS BIKE?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Anyone else remember those Romic shocks :nopity:
I had a Romic shock on a Nicolai frame back in the day. It wasn't bad. That is a Vanilla DH on the F4. I think only came for a brief period of time on the Kona Stab Primo.

I still loved the look of the Zulu DH.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Romic were a flash on the pan. Couldn’t have been around for more than 5 years.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The Romic on my F4 spent more time at Romic than it did on the bike. It did perform better than the DHX I used when it was getting rebuilt.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
CHUMBA F4!

Chumba F4
888 Rc
Fox Vanilla Dh
Chris King headset
Diablos bars
Shimano 105 drivetrain
E.13
A-frames
Thomson Post
Funn saddle
Highrollers

Peace
FINALLY!!

Thank God! That took forever...