Quantcast

The Longest Night in the Year

Saddled up the bike and the Bob trailer loaded with a freshly baked casserole of macaroni and cheese, and pedaled my ass up to the waterworks...

An Acadian band
Glog
Bear stew
Lotsa singing
Good fire
macaroni and cheese...

Came back kinda smacked from too much glog, having called the sun back in good style... Good thing I put the studded tires on prior to the event.

Happy solstice, :monkey:s!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
glogg

: a hot spiced wine and liquor punch served in Scandinavian countries as a Christmas drink
Is that right?

Bear stew? Tasty?

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Happy Winter Solstice!!!!

That celebration looks pretty cool.
Come back SUN!!!!! Yee-Haw!

:D

G Funk and I had a French Toast Strata (with apple cider syrup) and some eggs........

and we gave each other presents.

I got a *really* nice pair of snowshoes, a bea-yu-tiful necklace, and a bike jersey.

:) :love:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sweet :thumb: I celebrated by cranking up the TransSiberian Orchestra X-mas CDs and baking! Round 1: mini Zuccini Breads w/walnuts, mini banana bread w/walnuts and without, cranberry muffins, lemon poppy seed mini-breads and cinnamon streusal breads. Round 2 is tonight (cookies).

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jdschall said:
Yeah!!!!!!

Here comes the sun la la la la laaaaaa
Here comes the sun la la la la laaaaaa

(the Beatles)
Actually it's "here comes the sun... doo n doo doo".

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stevew said:
Glögi

i had some last week. it helped ward off the chill.

JBP, how was the bear stew? we ate a russian restaurant where it was on the menu, but it was pricey (of the three dishes, the cheapest was almost 60 euro) so i passed.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
Sweet :thumb: I celebrated by cranking up the TransSiberian Orchestra X-mas CDs and baking! Round 1: mini Zuccini Breads w/walnuts, mini banana bread w/walnuts and without, cranberry muffins, lemon poppy seed mini-breads and cinnamon streusal breads. Round 2 is tonight (cookies).
Cinnamon Streusal or Streudal? Either way it sounds delicious! :drool: :drool: