The Lord of the Cookie

What's your favorite type of cookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hmmm...I do like a snickerdoodle or a shortbread cookies from time to time too you know. I guess that means I am a maroon :think:

I'd like to think that I have a diversified palette when it comes to cookies :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Chocolate chip is pretty much the undisputed king of cookies, and anyone who says otherwise is disqualified from this poll. That said, peanut butter is close 2nd, followed by beer. Not beer cookies, just beer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hmmm...I do like a snickerdoodle or a shortbread cookies from time to time too you know. I guess that means I am a maroon :think:

I'd like to think that I have a diversified palette when it comes to cookies :D
Hey - I never said you couldn't LIKE some other kinds. But can you think of any cookie that is BETTER than a chocolate chip cookie?

I mean I like macaroons, but they don't really hold a candle to ccc.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I say choccy chip too, but my own. Never really get into bought ones. They're nice and all, but nothing to home-made ones.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Toll House chocolate chip cookies FTW (w/ walnuts, of course).

However, there's a chocolate chocolate chip recipe by Pierre Hermé that comes in a very very close second. I brought some to work today, and it was the first time I've ever heard someone announce to the lunch room "These cookies are F--KING delicious!"

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My wife's chocolate chunk oatmeal cranberry cookies.

All other cookies bow and grovel.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Toll House chocolate chip cookies FTW (w/ walnuts, of course).

However, there's a chocolate chocolate chip recipe by Pierre Hermé that comes in a very very close second. I brought some to work today, and it was the first time I've ever heard someone announce to the lunch room "These cookies are F--KING delicious!"
I don't mess with Toll House. Inferior chocolate chips IMO.

We use these:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i never bake anything, so you can start looking down your nose right about....NOW.

for store-bought, the Dancing Deer molasses/ginger snap cookies are outstanding.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's true.

i use propane for grilling as well. i'm a real heathen.

but i will never use corn syrup for pancakes, nor freeze milk.

i should delete every one of your F&B forum posts for those tragic transgressions.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
They're called biscuits you American swine. Anyway, like beer, you can't possibly judge until you've tasted all that are available. Until now a combination involving choc chip and macademia nuts is high up in the winners round. I am available to be convinced though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
it's true.

i use propane for grilling as well. i'm a real heathen.
Me too. I need new grates for the grill too.

but i will never use corn syrup for pancakes, nor freeze milk.
Necessity, man... necessity. :p

i should delete every one of your F&B forum posts for those tragic transgressions.
That would be an outright abuse of mod powers. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
They're called biscuits you American swine. Anyway, like beer, you can't possibly judge until you've tasted all that are available. Until now a combination involving choc chip and macademia nuts is high up in the winners round. I am available to be convinced though.
I was waiting for some poof to bring up the "biscuit" nonsense.

Come on over to the States - I can bake some fresh chocolate chip COOKIES for you. :p

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I was waiting for some poof to bring up the "biscuit" nonsense.

Come on over to the States - I can bake some fresh chocolate chip COOKIES for you. :p
Cookie Monster was a big influence on me. I asked my mum when I was 5 for cookies 'cos these biscuits aren't doing it for me. She told me to stfu and gave me the same bikkies I'd always eaten. Sensible woman my mum.