Quantcast

The Lounge always needs more BR stuff, So here's lots of pix of our Super Sunday Ride

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Went out for a nice ride today, Met up with Dartman, Wood-Dog, SirKnight6, Mindlessfr, and Mtnbikerboy00. It was good to ride with some old friends, and good to meet Mindlessfr and MtnBikerBoy!

I don't really remember who is who of the latter 2, so you'll just have to deal with it :)

Anyway, we hit up some cool spots around town, and some cool stuff over on this island that used to be a Civil War prisoner camp, but is now a park with the James River Park System. I only got pics at two places, so here you go:

This is a little chute we rode over on the Island
Dartman

Me

SirKnight6

Someone

Wood-Dog

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Hope you enjoy, it was a great ride!

I was the only one rockin a hardtail :thumb:

And..... I conquered my nemisis! Its pretty stupid, but there is this ledge about a foot wide and a foot tall that runs out into a ~5' drop, and I have never been able to bunny hop onto it, keep the line and ride it all the way down. I have been able to do a 1-2 hop onto it, but never a really bunny hop. Today, i made up my mind I was going to get it done, and I nailed it first time out! :thumb: :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
it was over on Belle Island. After being sick for 2 weeks, I got out to do something physical, I almost coughed up a lung! :eek:

I nailed the wall, but 5 to the right of where I was supposed to have been, and had my peddle dig into the grass when my suspension compressed. I had a bit of a boo boo, but otherwise, butter.

We all had a blast, and we all had a few laughs!!!

I also proved my theory correct, if you DON'T bring a camera, you get to ride. :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
great pics guys... the past couple of days we are getting some good ride pics!!! looks like a fun place to ride!!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sirknight6 said:
it was over on Belle Island. After being sick for 2 weeks, I got out to do something physical, I almost coughed up a lung! :eek:

I nailed the wall, but 5 to the right of where I was supposed to have been, and had my peddle dig into the grass when my suspension compressed. I had a bit of a boo boo, but otherwise, butter.

We all had a blast, and we all had a few laughs!!!

I also proved my theory correct, if you DON'T bring a camera, you get to ride. :thumb:
Yeah man, you'll get that wall next time!

And your theory is incorrect. I brought a camera, and did PLENTY of riding!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Castle said:
looks fun, looks like you got a million options for that wall area......

Yeah, there are three lines that are regularly hit, but i've seen probably 10+ lines taken. Some WAAAAY more sketch than others. If you look in the first three pictures, the corner that is far away has some pretty sketchy/cool lines. Some people ride down the wall perpindicular to what we are dropping, and then hip into the transition. If you hit that corner, its about 8' to a 4' long transition :eek:

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
Im the one in the red helmet and dark blue hoody. (Someone/Someone Else) and the second Someone is Cory, I'm pretty sure. Those are some nice pictures Mike, especially the one on the chute on Belle Island. Thanks man, I'll see you again sometime.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Looks like the demand for a weekend rife in Reeeshmond may be in order......

At the wall fo sho...

I'll even wear the right shoes this time...:rolleyes:

:p

:D