Quantcast

The Low Budget Travel Thread

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
It's winter in Michigan, and I'm daydreaming about all the places I want to go this summer. What are some of y'all's favorite under-the-radar travel destinations? Not necessarily places to ride, just cool places that can be visited for low dollars. One of mine (that isn't really accessible to rest of the country) is the Lake Superior coast in MI's upper peninsula, specifically the stretch from Munising to Copper Harbor. Awesome, and dirt cheap especially if you camp. There's paddling, cycling, hiking, swimming, whatever, in abundance the whole way. Even some rock climbing and (seasonal) whitewater. Where you do like to go, or daydream about going?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
south padre island in spring break.
the bestest place ever.
not so expensive, plus you can go to mexico for a few more bucks and say you made an international trip.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
KonaJosh said:
It's winter in Michigan, and I'm daydreaming about all the places I want to go this summer. What are some of y'all's favorite under-the-radar travel destinations? <snip>
Anywhere west of my house that is "off the beaten path" - lucky for me there are about 4,294,991 places like that right here in my own state. :thumb:

-S.S.-