Quantcast

The M1 Is Finally Done!

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
wow, havent seen a romic in a while. those used to be the best. and m1's too.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
man, some bikes I just cant get enough off. Even when all this new stuff is coming out, you have to admit, somethings dont get old, and the Geo looks spot on!

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
:drool:

I love it. That bike is a classic and I love seeing good stuff getting resurrected. I dig the romic too....going for the total retro package. WELL DONE :thumb:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I don't mind that the front wheel is lower than the back wheel, but it being closer to the camera makes it look bigger and shows that the perspective of the bike is all skewed.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I don't mind that the front wheel is lower than the back wheel, but it being closer to the camera makes it look bigger and shows that the perspective of the bike is all skewed.
Haha I'll straighten it for you!

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Wow sweet bike:thumb:

A few things cut the seat post and run the rear derailleur cable on the lower chain stay. The way you have it it will rub on the frame.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I am nit-picking here but change the shock and the seat and you will have one gorgeous bike.
Romics were awesome, when they worked. The seat is a WTB Rocket V, which is one of the best light seats out there. I wouldnt change them.

I like it!!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Love the M1, I kinda miss mine. Keep an eye on the seatstay, thats where its likely to go.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeah that Rocket seat is sick!

Zark my speed is way off what it used to be so I dont think I will have a problem snapping it!

Daisycutter the seat as is when sitting my knees are pretty bent. I may snip another 1-2" off it at most. i will wait and see.

THANKS

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Romics were awesome, when they worked. The seat is a WTB Rocket V, which is one of the best light seats out there. I wouldnt change them.

I like it!!
Still looks like a couch to me... I prefer a lower profile saddle, but thats just personal preference. As for the Romic, it remains the only shock I have ever blown (including a DHX5.0 Air that I ran on my Socom for a bit).

But I understand it is difficult to get newer piggy-back style shocks to play nice with M1 frames.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Nice! Ya, I miss my M1....it was a good bike. Kinda wish I could find the guy that stole it OUT OF MY GARAGE and give him a nice piece of my mind.

But ya...it rode great.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Nice! Ya, I miss my M1....it was a good bike. Kinda wish I could find the guy that stole it OUT OF MY GARAGE and give him a nice piece of my mind.

But ya...it rode great.
That sucks the M1 got snaked! bastards.....:(

Thanks all. Will get ride time soon.