Quantcast

The MAC series should be wild this year!!!

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Hot off the Reading Racing web site !!!!!!!!

PRESS RELEASE

Racer’s Edge Inc. and Reading Racing are pleased to announce a joint venture for the 2006 race season. The collective efforts of these two east coast “powerhouse” organizations is sure to produce some of the most exciting and rewarding mountain bike racing the Nation has yet to see. The mission is to combine our efforts, in order to ensure the continued success and growth of the sport and to share that success with all of our sponsors and fellow racers.

Reading Racing will be providing massive support for the 2006 NORBA Mid-Atlantic Cup, lending 100% support to one of the most popular gravity series in the east. In conjunction, Racer’s Edge Inc. will provide sponsorship for the 2006 Duryea Downhill Race as well as the Reading Racing “factory” and “grass roots” race teams. The two organizations will combine resources in order to provide the best race experience for everyone; from Professional, to Beginner, to spectator. The goal for both organizations is to restore the glory days of racing and provide new opportunities for potential sponsors.

Tentative race dates are being scheduled and are pending release until confirmation of these venues and conflicting events are sorted out. Stay tuned to www.RacersEdgeOnline.com for more information on upcoming events. For information on the Reading Racing “factory” and “grass roots” race teams, check out www.ReadingRacing.com.

For sponsorship inquiries please contact:

Mike Hartlove – theracersedge@comcast.net

Tony Pajakinas - leapaj@earthlink.net

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Sounds great; but what exactly is meant by "100% support?" I agree that NORBA needs stimulation from the ground up in order to remain a viable venue, and I think that's gonna entail a few individuals and teams to work hard at cultivating rider/racer/enthusiast involvement. I'd like to see something sort of like last year's Go-Ride NORBA Bounty, reaching down through the ranks, hooking racers up with cash purses (no matter if they're small; knowing that coin is coming from others like myself would be cool).

We should all strive to bring a little funk and life to the pits and scene at every race. I for one am tired of the bellyaching that the folks at Decline and other voices are perpetrating...if you're not getting off at the party, do what you can to make the party better!
Forget about attending races and expecting to be a PASSIVE participant- ACTIVATE, MOTIVATE, CREATE!!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
willpowa said:
I for one am tired of the bellyaching that the folks at Decline and other voices are perpetrating...if you're not getting off at the party, do what you can to make the party better!
Forget about attending races and expecting to be a PASSIVE participant- ACTIVATE, MOTIVATE, CREATE!!
:stupid:

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
willpowa said:
Sounds great; but what exactly is meant by "100% support?" I agree that NORBA needs stimulation from the ground up in order to remain a viable venue, and I think that's gonna entail a few individuals and teams to work hard at cultivating rider/racer/enthusiast involvement. I'd like to see something sort of like last year's Go-Ride NORBA Bounty, reaching down through the ranks, hooking racers up with cash purses (no matter if they're small; knowing that coin is coming from others like myself would be cool).

We should all strive to bring a little funk and life to the pits and scene at every race. I for one am tired of the bellyaching that the folks at Decline and other voices are perpetrating...if you're not getting off at the party, do what you can to make the party better!

Anyone who has ever raced a Racers Edge Or Reading Racing event has always walked away with a smile on their faces. The events have always been fun, there is always plenty of swag, and there has always been plenty of cash. I for one am looking forward to see what this partnership will pull off.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
teamkranzelbike said:
Anyone who has ever raced a Racers Edge Or Reading Racing event has always walked away with a smile on their faces. The events have always been fun, there is always plenty of swag, and there has always been plenty of cash. I for one am looking forward to see what this partnership will pull off.
yeah, my trip to Wisp was a lot of fun, Mike and the team are good peoples. :thumb:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I hope the MAC can secure some venues for this season. I thought they were still working with snowshoe but i guess they aren't from what bigmike said?

Wisp i don't think will happen i just have a hunch and a whisper in my ear. but most things i say don't end up being true so who knows.

Can't wait for the season though!