Quantcast

The Magic Bullet.

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
I just got one of these bad boys, and I'm pretty impressed for an "as seen on TV" gadget!

So far, I've made guacamole, hummus, and ground some coffee beans.

Both the guac, and hummus turned out awesome! Although, I did I have to shake the guac a lot, since I made a double batch than what is in the book says.

With the hummus, I had to open it up and stir it up myself a couple times. Maybe if I would have just left it alone, I wouldn't have had to, but who knows. I didn't add enough liquid in the beginning, and I added some green peppers I grilled on the George Foreman, and some jalapeno's. Needless to say, the thing was quite full. Both of those things could explain why it wasn't blending the whole tall container easily.

Who else has one? Any awesome recipes/ideas/tips??

My (non)Traditional Hummus

14oz can of Garbanzo beans - liquid reserved.
~3T Tahini
3 large cloves Fresh Garlic
5 1"-2" chunks of Green Peppers - grilled on George Foreman
4 rings of Jalapeno (I used jarred)
Probably 1/3c of Reserved Liquid.
Salt to taste
Sprinkle of Cayenne
1/4t of Onion Powder
Lime Juice
Olive Oil

Yes, it is spicy. Leave the cayenne or jalapeno out; or stir in the cayenne after it's finished to taste. I put everything in the tall cup in order that it's listed. I didn't blend the lime/oil in, but stirred in after it was finished. Basically - blend the sh!t out of it any way you can. :thumb: It still has a couple beans that aren't pureed totally, but that's cool with me. I love garbanzo beans. =D

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
We have one. I used it often but now I have a vita mix.....

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
The infomercial for this thing is awsome. :D

they show the making of said quesadillas as well as many other amazing dishes. I laugh my ass off everytime it's on. it's a 30 minute sitcom that trys to sell you the worlds most awsome machine.

:rofl:

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
My Mom orders all that info-mercial ****e. I guess they had a deal where you get to Magic Bullets, so she gave me one.

It works well I must admit. Makes a sweet smoothie or a booze drink. Best thing about it is the single serving cups.

It seems a bit unsafe though, you can press the blade attachment on the base without the cup on top. Watch those fingers.