Quantcast

The Manliest Thing You've Ever Seen?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I saw a guy eating a Snickers while standing at a urinal a couple hours ago. Impressive.
Please, I was at the urinal a few weeks ago, hot dog in 1 hand, beer in the other. While at an indoor Sprint car race called 'the chili bowl'. Then I went to sit down at our pit-side seats that were 7 feet from the track and got slapped with large chunks of dirt kicked up by cars.

I have seen better though... camping with a bunch of people several years ago... we were all standing around a bonfire, roasting food on sticks. One of the dudes is talking about something and turns around and starts taking a piss... still talking and still holding his food over the fire.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
a couple of my professors got stranded in northern canada without food for a week when bad weather delayed their plane rendezvous. they ended up hunting squirrels with a .44 magnum and, inevitably, scraping chunks of squirrel off trees.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Oh wait, I got the trump to all.

Chick was at a bar and some people said something to her so she confronted them about it... it escalated into a fight. The chick was beating the crap out of the chick that said something to her, had her on thr groun pounding her. Then out of nowhere someone hits her in the forehgead with a half full beer bottle... she goes down. Gets back up and says... "what the F**K!!!"... and with blood streaming down her face she proceeds to go after the chick holding the bottle.

Then I married her. I try not to piss her off ;)

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
My sophmore year of college in Buffalo, me and a friend are stumbling home stupid drunk from our favorite bar at like 3am. We were approached by 2 young punks, one told us to give him our money. My friend immediately hits him in the face and drops him, then turns and jumps on the other guy and begins to pummel him to the ground. Whole thing took less than 20 seconds, I don't think I even moved my feet while it all happened around me. Crazy part is my friend is usually pretty mellow and I'd never seen him get in a fight before then.

Not always the best decision to make in that situation, but it ended up being pretty manly....
Manly points for my friend Corey = 10
Manly points for me = 1 (at least I didn't run!)

:biggrin:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Just off the top of my head:

One of the guys I ride with was wearing an XC helmet on our local DH trail...went OTB and broke his nose/concussion. After a short breather, he did another shuttle run. Then went home. Didn't go to the hospital until the next day.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Oh wait, I got the trump to all.

Chick was at a bar and some people said something to her so she confronted them about it... it escalated into a fight. The chick was beating the crap out of the chick that said something to her, had her on thr groun pounding her. Then out of nowhere someone hits her in the forehgead with a half full beer bottle... she goes down. Gets back up and says... "what the F**K!!!"... and with blood streaming down her face she proceeds to go after the chick holding the bottle.

Then I married her. I try not to piss her off ;)
So your wife is manly?!?!?!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I watched someone go off a ~5' drop to flat and come down directly on the top tube of his hardtail.

The manly part? He didn't cry.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I completely uprooted a small saguaro with my calf, broke a couple ribs, rode the rest of the way down on a front flat and went to the bar.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
My great uncle was a prisoner of war for 9 months with no food or anything. Keep in mind this was after the plane his brother was flying was shot in half and crash landed (he never saw his brother again). After not being rescued by the US he escaped and made his way to Cuba, where he became Che Guevara's lead architect/friend for a couple years.

Thats one of the manliest stories I have ever heard.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Let me guess, now he runs a lucrative t-shirt business.
yeah, I remember high school too :busted:

to jimmydean:

awww come on. That would be so much retarded fun. people always yell "compensation" when they see a manly vehicle but those people are always driving civics and vw beetles with the integrated flower holder...

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
A diver got his head chomped by a shark, poked it's eye out, and lived. Pretty damn manley.
SYDNEY, Australia - A diver escaped a 10-foot shark’s attack by poking the animal in its eye after it had already chomped on his head once and was preparing for another bite, witnesses and officials said Tuesday.

Eric Nerhus, 41, was flown to a hospital with serious injuries to his head, body and left arm after the attack Tuesday off Cape Howe, about 250 miles south of Sydney.

The shark grabbed Nerhus by the head, crushing his face mask and breaking his nose, said Dennis Luobikis, a fellow diver who witnessed the attack.

“He was actually bitten by the head down — the shark swallowed his head,” Luobikis said.

The shark, believed to be a great white, came back for a second bite, clenching its jaws around Nerhus’ torso and leaving deep lacerations in his side, said Luobikis.

Shark poked in the eye
Nerhus wrestled free of the shark’s jaws, and later told rescue workers he had poked the shark in the eye, an unidentified worker from the Snowy Hydro Rescue Helicopter service told local media.

Nerhus was pulled from the water by his 25-year-old son and rushed to a hospital, suffering blood loss and shock.

“Eric is a tough boy. He’s super fit,” said Luobikis. “But I would say that would test anyone’s resolve, being a fish lunch.”

Shark attacks are relatively common in Australian waters, home to some of the world’s deadliest sea life. Scientists say there are an average of 15 shark attacks a year in Australia — one of the highest rates in the world — and just over 1 per year are fatal.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
In the early 80's, I was at a pro skate contest in Phoenix and Dave Duncan did a 100 yard 50/50 grind on the 2 ft concrete divider in the middle of the the highway in front of the arena... in a rental car. He came in fast and it went BLAM and sparks were flying out. The car fell off onto it's side and he climbed out and stood on it and pumped his fist for the cheering crowd. Then he ran on foot from the cops. It wasn't even his rental car.

L

luelling

I watched a kid(around 12) snap his arm in a horrible way and holds his cool about it. His for arm is litterally in an S and he kept his cool. It was hands down one of the most fowled things I've seen. He gets props from me for being a man about it.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Its a toss up.

Saw my dad cry just once in his life
or
saw someone stitch their own face back up, 44 in total.

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
What about those dudes who go to the urinal for a piss and they pull their wang out through the leg of their really short shorts? Or the dudes that just lean against the urinal wall without holding onto their wang? I always thought that was pretty manly.