Quantcast

The Masters

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
It is unfortunate, as Jack Nicklaus pointed out, that the tournament is catering to a few while eliminating even more. All the length they are adding is only making the coures a real challenge for a few golfers, while effectively elmininating a whole slew more. It is unfortunate that they had to do it, the Masters has always been about slick greens, tall rough, and ball placement. They would have been better off narrowing the fairways, drying out the greens, and planting a few strategic trees rather than expanding the course like they have.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
stinkyboy said:
WHAT?!

:nonono:

did I stutter?

I've been before and I will go again, since the family owns for tourney passes. Our household drinking vessel of choice is the souvenir beer cups. I probably have 1000 of them, more shirts than I can wear, ball markers, Limited Edition commemorative watches, etc...

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
PGA TOUR Victories
(3) 2003 THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola. 2004 Bay Hill Invitational Presented by MasterCard. 2006 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.

Nationwide Tour Victories
(3) 2001 BUY.COM Richmond Open, BUY.COM Permian Basin Open, BUY.COM Monterey Peninsula Classic.

Current Year PGA TOUR Money and Position
$1,781,797 (6)

Current Year Best PGA TOUR Finishes
1--Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, T2--Sony Open in Hawaii, T5--WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship,

Current Year PGA TOUR Best Round
62 at Round 3, Sony Open in Hawaii

Current Year PGA TOUR Highlights
Shared the 54-hole lead at the Sony Open in Hawaii with David Toms after opening 67-67-62. A closing, even-par round of 70 left him five shots short of Toms, finishing T2 with Rory Sabbatini...One week later, re-entered the winner's circle for the first time since 2004 with a victory at the Bob Hope
Chrysler Classic at the age of 31 years, 7 months, 22 days. Posted rounds of 63-66-68-67-71-335 and was the solo leader after the second, third and fourth rounds. Finished three strokes ahead of Jesper Parnevik and Scott Verplank...Finished T5 at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, defeating Tim Herron, Henrik Stenson and No. 1-ranked Tiger Woods before falling to Tom Lehman in 21 holes in the quarterfinals.
More

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Guy I went to school with played in the Masters last year. I think he's still on the PGA tour. Apparently he's become a total wanker too.

J

JRB

How many days is the Masters??? Where is it??? I was in Dallas when there was a big tourney and the whole city got stupid. It was nuts.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Most tounament last 4 days. Thursday through sunday, but the whole week there's stuff going on. It's played at Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. There's like a 20 year waiting list for tickets, so it's kinda like the superbowl of golf.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
Guy I went to school with played in the Masters last year. I think he's still on the PGA tour. Apparently he's become a total wanker too.
lol @ shoota :)

steven leaney (sp) ??? got a bigger head than transcend i hear :devil:

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Most tounament last 4 days. Thursday through sunday, but the whole week there's stuff going on. It's played at Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. There's like a 20 year waiting list for tickets, so it's kinda like the superbowl of golf.
Holy crap. All that for golf. Wow. I'll bet it's nuts there.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
stinkyboy said:

I don't even think the list is open anymore, it is so long.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Fvck golf!!!!

I hate golf, golfers and golf courses!!!

Bulldoze 'em all and build freeride parks and pump tracks on their remains!!!!

(I should mention that "they" bulldozed six miles of singletrack that was a mile from my house for a fvckin' golfcourse at a county park.)

GOLF SUCKS @$$!!!!!!

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what if they used that land to build a strip club?

i'm sure the owner of the land where the trail once resided did best for his/her interest.

you wanna bitch about land use, see this thread

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i wish i was home to watch the Masters. i really want to see this new course.

and 7400+ yards....that is ****in' crazy.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Just got back from Augusta yesterday....Hung out with my dad and my brother and my best friend. This was my first time down there and I was enamored with the whole spiel they got going on down there. You have to look waaayy into the woods to find a weed growing anywhere they don't want it to.

Anyhoo....here are some of the pics I took.

Magnolia Lane...mere mortals don't get to drive down this driveway.

They run the dirty, unwashed public through their security system that rivals Heartsfield International Airport.

The front of the clubhouse.....where's my straw hat an mint juilep?

Interview area behind clubhouse:

Belvedere!!! .....That mint juilep, please.

The spread as you come into the course area:

Yeah....they grow grass that short --- fairway.

Those famous azaleas:

First beer of the day:

The big board:

Phil Mickelson -- putting green

John Daly

Davis Love III

Vijay Singh

Tiger and Stevie

Well.....that's it. Hope you enjoyed it. Whatever your qualms with golf may be, lots of people enjoy this tournament more than any other......I had a good time and would love to be one of those guys any day!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah i love it when rich people move into town, buy a bunch of land put up a gate, build a bunch of houses centered around where there used to be nature and now its a golf course. Tear up ever rock and tree, plant thousands of non-native species, then dump chemicals all over it for the rest of their lives so they can sit back on their decks with the select few and admire how pretty the mountains are. f'n jackoff golfers can all freakin rot.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
biggins said:
yeah i love it when rich people move into town, buy a bunch of land put up a gate, build a bunch of houses centered around where there used to be nature and now its a golf course. Tear up ever rock and tree, plant thousands of non-native species, then dump chemicals all over it for the rest of their lives so they can sit back on their decks with the select few and admire how pretty the mountains are. f'n jackoff golfers can all freakin rot.
is that any different from how others use the land they bought?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
narlus said:
what if they used that land to build a strip club?

i'm sure the owner of the land where the trail once resided did best for his/her interest.

you wanna bitch about land use, see this thread
As a taxpayer it was part my land. It was public land at a county park. The county stuporvisors just gave it to the great Tiger Woods and his First Tee to clearcut and poison for a goof course.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Dartman said:
As a taxpayer it was part my land. It was public land at a county park. The county stuporvisors just gave it to the great Tiger Woods and his First Tee to clearcut and poison for a goof course.
well that sucks. vote 'em out of office.