Quantcast

The Mile High City...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
DR. Dirt said:
damm, my brother goes to college there, maybe he can but some green for when i go out there.
Better look into it. If he's a student, he may not be considered a resident. Not that it would stop a college student from smoking it... :)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
FYI: this law means nothing other than pushing the agenda to the national stage. It's still illegal on the state and federal levels, so if you live here, don't get caught with more than 1/4 oz.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
LordOpie said:
FYI: this law means nothing other than pushing the agenda to the national stage. It's still illegal on the state and federal levels, so if you live here, don't get caught with more than 1/4 oz.
:stupid:

I'll still do it, but I ain't gonna flaunt it.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
LordOpie said:
Word. The higher courts will strike this down just like medicinal marijuana.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've heard of this considered in other areas, not so much from the legalization standpoint but from the fact that it will take out a good chunk of the minor infractions out of the courts. The theory is it will leave more time and money for the local government to prosecute larger offences.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
This isn't really new, I grew up in Eugene, OR and at the time having less than an ounce wasn't a criminal offence. The worst that would happen is they would confiscate your stash and you might get a ticket, but only if you acted like a dick. Alot of times the police would just ignore it if you were keeping a low profile.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
SkaredShtles said:
People in Denver don't drink Coors. :confused: We ship it all to other states.
Haha, true. That's probably why we're drowning in it here in NY. I still want to try Fat Tire, though. I've heard so much about it and it's worth it at least for the design on the bottle. We can't get it at all out here!

Anyone want to do a beer trade? I'll send you a nice VT/ NY sampler of microbrews in exchange. :p

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
symbolic yes, but it's the beginning of decriminalizing it across the nation. I think Nevada is up next.

If you think alcohol is safe and marijuana should be illegal, let me know so I can put you on ignore ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bluebug32 said:
Haha, true. That's probably why we're drowning in it here in NY. I still want to try Fat Tire, though. I've heard so much about it and it's worth it at least for the design on the bottle. We can't get it at all out here!
Don't worry - you're not missing anything........

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
LordOpie said:
oh come now, Fat Tire is one of the best mass produced beers on the market.

Wanna send me some then? I'll even throw in my cousin's phone # as a way of saying thank you ;)

But, I'm serious. Maybe I should take this beer exchange idea to the beer forum and not get in the way of your pot discussion! I wouldn't want our forbidden fruits to start bumping into one another :p

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
why not have your cousin send you some?

PS: tell her not to bother going to the brewery, they charge retail prices there for retail products.

Better yet, you and Rob should visit. We monkeys will show you around.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
LordOpie said:
why not have your cousin send you some?

PS: tell her not to bother going to the brewery, they charge retail prices there for retail products.

Better yet, you and Rob should visit. We monkeys will show you around.
I should. She owes me for all the stories I had to endure.

I'll be out in April for a wedding.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You two are welcome to crash at my place... I'll even give you the master(baiter) bedroom and I'll take the couch.