Quantcast

The Monday Night Football Thread!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning all! So, Packers v. Ravens tonight...who are you all cheering for? I have the Ravens this evening, and I need the win to cinch my victory dinner from bv. I am okay with GB winning, though. I like Favre and feel bad that he's been struggling this season. I'd like to see him win. I've got the Pats next week anyway, so looks like the dinner will be mine.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i don't care who wins, but i need Sam Gado to have a big game for me if i hope to advance to the super bowl of my fantasy team. had i known that Dominick Davis was a scratch, i'd be all set (would have played either rod smith or drew bennett, both of whom had good games).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm just happy the MNF deal wasn't a total blowout. I expected to be 3-4 games behind now, but at least one unexpected upset and a couple bad Eagles games have kept me alive.

Hopefully Favre will come through tonight (come on, old man! You've still got it!), and it'll come down to next week's game. There's no shame in losing by one game to the Pats :D

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Bump...20 minutes till kickoff...is anyone even watching tonight? :o:

I guess I should have been a bike beer wench, considering the audience...:think:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
antimony said:
Bump...20 minutes till kickoff...is anyone even watching tonight? :o:

I guess I should have been a bike beer wench, considering the audience...:think:
I'm watching, while writing my APLit final paper and studying for my APChem test.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Meh I'm a ravens fan but its just gonna be an ugly game.

Who else thinks MNF had horrible match ups this year?

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Favre throws way too many INT's. The pocket collapses, he'll scramble and just throw the ball in the general direction of his wideouts. It's disgusting to watch. Does he actually think his wideout has a chance when he's in triple coverage?

It's almost as bad as watching the season go down the drain for the Raiders. Moss was not the answer as so many of my fellow Raider Nation folks thought.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:dead: Poor Favre.

Guy really needs to be someone's backup QB. He's just not solid anymore, but he's an experienced guy who I think could play very well in a backup position.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
binary visions said:
:dead: Poor Favre.

Guy really needs to be someone's backup QB. He's just not solid anymore, but he's an experienced guy who I think could play very well in a backup position.
Favre is just getting killed with their lack of a running game. His team has been so beaten by injuries that he's rattled, and it shows.

He could hang around next year, and with a decent team, he'll do ok. He won't ever be a superbowl contender though.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
last night was a clear indicator as to why MNF is switching to SNF.

to be truthful, though, i would usually watch MNF w/ the sound off. listening to madden, michaels, etc continually slapping themselves on the back and couching everything in terms of "MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL" was nauseating.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
narlus said:
last night was a clear indicator as to why MNF is switching to SNF.

to be truthful, though, i would usually watch MNF w/ the sound off. listening to madden, michaels, etc continually slapping themselves on the back and couching everything in terms of "MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL" was nauseating.
Yah they should have brought Madden and Summeral into MNF years ago. The move was done too late, and Micheals and Madden just don't work. Madden/Summerall could have been a nice long run without having to listen to the likes of Boomer Esiason argue constantly with Dan Fouts, and the Dennis Miller debacle.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
The match ups have sucked this year. It's such a crap shoot to pick games though. I guess they pick them way in advance. How far do you think? I'd guess at least a year, maybe two. With free agency you can no longer have a safe bet as to who will be a good team from year to year.

I hated to see Favre like that. It almost brought a tear to my eye. He's one of my all time favorite players. He's a consummate gentleman, a true sportsman and a true lover of the game.

I was touched by the sportsmanship shown during this game. Opposing layers patted each other on the back after almost every play. Deon crossed the field when he saw that Favre was going to sit out the rest of the game and gave him a hug. I think everybody knew that it was going to be one of Favre's last games and that it was somehow special.