Quantcast

The most insane moto stuff ever, WATCH THIS!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
This is seriously incredible, all of it...I'm not a big moto guy, but i think trials is cool as hell and this just integrates everything.

I stole this link off of the match site for those of you who dont check it often and just thought i would post it. MAKE SURE YOU WATCH IT TILL THE END!

Discuss

Click the Frickin Link

:ouch:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
can't download a 32MB file @ work but will check it out at home. mototrials is pretty mindblowing to watch.
It isnt just moto trials, its moto freeride/trials/big moves including skatepark...all on the same bike...Insane.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
meh... although I find it cool, I'm much more impressed by the people who do the same type of stuff on bicycles.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Slugman said:
meh... although I find it cool, I'm much more impressed by the people who do the same type of stuff on bicycles.
I dont know if i am, i mean in many instances the motor and heft really wouldnt help, it would hurt. There is alot of skill going on to man handle that thing around over that terrain, even if their bikes are lighter than a full on moto...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I dont know if i am, i mean in many instances the motor and heft really wouldnt help, it would hurt. There is alot of skill going on to man handle that thing around over that terrain, even if their bikes are lighter than a full on moto...
But when a bicycle trials rider does it, it's his/her muscles that are behind it, not the motor.

Don't ge tme wrong - I'm still impressed and it was cool video, but...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Slugman said:
But when a bicycle trials rider does it, it's his/her muscles that are behind it, not the motor.

Yeah, they are two different things, in the bike trials you have to provide the power, where in moto you have to overcome it to slow down. I think the video is less about moto trials and more about all around riding. Insane.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
DRB said:
Besides that.....

Those freestyle moto guys do it all the time.
It's still an insane trick. Maybe it's just me, but I like a clean, leaned out, wide open backflip. Same goes for dirtjumping, just a nice and leaned out backflip. Some guys do them so well and others pull the trick but it looks like crap.

I think the rodeo flip looks like an f-ed up backflip gone wrong. Again, that's just me though. I would also never try it based on the pain factor involved in learning.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Slugman said:

That is kind of like saying that a bicycle trials rider just locks the brakes up and pogo's around stuff on a light piece of metal and rubber.....:confused:

ALL trials takes control. Control over balance, machine, objects, and traction itself.

A motorized trials riders has to handle as much as a bicycle guy plus he has to control an explosion between his feet. All the while feeding the power when he needs it to get where he wants. But often he is bouncing aroud with physical manuipulation and less motor.

I tried a trials motorcycle recently and foudn out I suck as much at that as I do tring bicycle trials. :D

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think the most impressive moto stuff is outdoor and supercross. IMO those guys have way more talent than the "xtreme" kids.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ok, so I got to watch the whole thing. WOW, some sick stuff right there. Tossing a trials bike around like it's a bmx is bad ass.

The rodeo flip at the end was very well done too. The street stuff was my fav though.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the bridge was sooooo burly, so was that turn down style move he pulled going up the boulder section...I think this type of stuff might have a future...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Man, moto trials bikes have changed so much since I saw them last. It all used to be done on courses set up for them or in the mountains. All of the street stuff was so cool to see. So illegal. =]

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Total Heckler said:
Man, moto trials bikes have changed so much since I saw them last. It all used to be done on courses set up for them or in the mountains. All of the street stuff was so cool to see. So illegal. =]
could you imagine a security guard trying to bust you for doing a huge moto whip over a flowerbed...:rofl: