Quantcast

The MTBR, it hurts my brain.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't know if I would have said: "I'm a grown ass man with grown ass man money" :)

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
But on a more serious note, DH has always seemed to be the convening forum on this website, I can't say the same thing about MTBR, it's bigger than just DH, even if the DH forum isn't as tightly-knit as it is here (not that it's all that tight). There's more "who the hell are you?"s on MTBR.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have seen more stupid there in one month than I have here since I registered on RM but if it can contain the crazy to that site I guess it serves a purpose.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I have seen more stupid there in one month than I have here since I registered on RM but if it can contain the crazy to that site I guess it serves a purpose.
:stupid:
I gave up on MTBR several years ago. Too much of teh dumb and whiney bitches. Front range forum is the worst. If you need a good LULZ start a thread asking for someone to shuttle Apex with.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I've found it can be a pretty useful site when you're looking for something specific such as spoke tension for a unique wheel build or bike setups for a frame you're thinking about buying. It's when you start browsing the forum and clicking on random threads that Pandora's box of butthurt opens.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I recently was surfing the 29er forum looking at the chinese 29er thread...I found a post about frame that had super short chainstays and was listed as made in taiwan. I inquired about it and was immediately met with a wall of hate and negative rep because I asked whether I was looking at the same frame or not, not even saying that being made in taiwan was better than China. I couldn't believe people could be such tools, then I realized I was on MTBR and in the 29er forum.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm not sure what you guys use MTBR for, but it's about 10 million times better for the local scene, organizing rides, getting local help, etc. The local boards are pretty good, usually with a local FAQ and information to help out people that may be new to the area or just vacationing. I don't even go to the DH board, but I find interesting things on the General and a few others.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm not sure what you guys use MTBR for, but it's about 10 million times better for the local scene, organizing rides, getting local help, etc. The local boards are pretty good, usually with a local FAQ and information to help out people that may be new to the area or just vacationing. I don't even go to the DH board, but I find interesting things on the General and a few others.
It's the opposite in the North Carolina forum on MTBR. It's for trailbuilders pretty much and they will run you out for not being a drone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I recently was surfing the 29er forum looking at the chinese 29er thread...I found a post about frame that had super short chainstays and was listed as made in taiwan. I inquired about it and was immediately met with a wall of hate and negative rep because I asked whether I was looking at the same frame or not, not even saying that being made in taiwan was better than China. I couldn't believe people could be such tools, then I realized I was on MTBR and in the 29er forum.
i imagine that browsing the mtbr 29'er forum is a lot like going on a meth bender

i've found the PA board to be fairly use as well

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
at least here on ridemonkey we know how big of a joke we are. kind of like skynet becoming self aware, but without the whole robot armageddeon thing

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
^^^This.

Front range forum is the worst.
Disagree. Yes, there are the toolbags who are just there to stir up crap and add nothing useful, but they are easily identified and avoided, just like here. Otherwise, I've met and ridden with quite a number of really good people through the Front Range Forum... granted it's been LESS asshatty in the past, and has it's days/weeks that I avoid it altogether, but for the most part it's a'ight. Also:

If you need a good LULZ start a thread asking what INSERT BIKE PART HERE is best "for the Front Range."
ftfy.

EDIT: the Downhill/Freeride forum over there, though, is the mother effing worst for SURE. Just skimming the thread titles makes me want to choke a penguin.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
add nothing useful[/URL], but they are easily identified and avoided, just like here. Otherwise, I've met and ridden with quite a number of really good people through the Front Range Forum... granted it's been LESS asshatty in the past, and has it's days/weeks that I avoid it altogether, but for the most part it's a'ight. Also:

ftfy.

I had thought about using the "what’s the best tire for the front range" as an example instead of shuttling Apex, or "where to live". I too have met good people and found fun rides, but for the most part I still think there are way too many ass bags on MTBR for me to spend any time there. If I want to know trail conditions I might go to MTBR, but other than that, I have neither the time nor the patience.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Otherwise, I've met and ridden with quite a number of really good people through the Front Range Forum... granted it's been LESS asshatty in the past, and has it's days/weeks that I avoid it altogether, but for the most part it's a'ight.

EDIT: the Downhill/Freeride forum over there, though, is the mother effing worst for SURE. Just skimming the thread titles makes me want to choke a penguin.
+1 I've met several friends over the years on the Front Range forum. Some folks need to learn to take a joke though. And that DH forum is for a 16 year old who is new to the sport.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
worse thank pinkbike?
More like ignorance of anything mountain bike compared to who has the most awesomest shinny bike that others are too lame to know about their steeze.

Pinkbike can be funny if you like hatin'; the DH forum at mtbr can cause a lot of face palms.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
I think MTBR has my vote for the place with the most worthy forum and also the most annoying, entering the two night riding forums is pretty special.........

WMAC

Chimp
Sep 23, 2012
Franklin, TN
Hilarious