Quantcast

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I'm at 3/4 but it took me a year, I took my time, let everything heal, and used super good jewelry. So I'm not TOTALLY ****ed
you are happy that it took a year to put a 3/4" hole in your ear lobe?

no, you are totally ****ed.

really, what's the end game w/ that? a basketball rim?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

My Negrodamus prediction:

Plastic surgery to cut and sew earlobes back together will quadruple by the year 2018.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
I downloaded the Animals as Leaders album. It is pretty cool. A little progressive, but not annoying like Mick Barr's stuff. It's actually pretty musical. I will see if it holds up to repeated listening.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

Yea I am. Because I took a year to do it they will close up most of the way. My friend had his at an inch, they closed to a 10, and A girl I know had 1 3/4' and they closed to a 6.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
So you're gonna be 40 with a .102 earring?
Ummm I mean sort of. At a 1/10 of an inch you really can't tell that they are any bigger than normal. The only thing will be if I decided to put like a small diamond stud in or something, the back might pull through.

As well, what the hell am I ganna care about 2 little holes in my ears when I'm 40, I'll be covered in tats minus my neck and hands

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Tattoos, a masters from cal, and a teaching job in a nice district in the bay area. I guess I'm really only trying to make enough to buy a house and comfortably support myself and my family when the time comes, sorry I'm not goal oriented enough for you........

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Tattoos, a masters from cal, and a teaching job in a nice district in the bay area. I guess I'm really only trying to make enough to buy a house and comfortably support myself and my family when the time comes, sorry I'm not goal oriented enough for you........
:think:

I was going to say something about poor grammar, ESL, college degree, but ...whatever, never-mind.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
my daughter said "she wooks howible. no one would ever mawwy a dirl wike her. Onwee a duy who wooks as howible as her would do something wike dat!!:rofl:

Kids Rule!
bahahahha!!!! The sad thing is rickey doesn't even do that good for himself. The girls I know who he has gone after are in the 18-21 year old range, some of them pulled a GED a brilliant few managed to graduate high school, and slim to none of them are able to hold down a ****ty part time job. The might be the most worthless people I have met in my life, no joke.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I have a learning disability, I have to get a tutor twice a week and bust my ass to pull a B.
Then when (if) you grow up, please leave teaching to others. California schools have enough problems. Thanks.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Then when (if) you grow up, please leave teaching to others. California schools have enough problems. Thanks.
Let me elaborate.

I play drums. I've been doing it for a long time. I have had several people ask if I would ever consider teaching drums.

I wouldn't. Ever.

Why? I find it irresponsible to teach something if you are not proficient, dedicated, patient and have fully mastered the subject or skill at hand. It is a disservice to the student and an insult to teaching as a profession.

I don't read music and I have no formal training in percussion arts aside from a year or two in high school. If I were to teach, I would (should, must) provide a solid and comprehensive foundation of learning for the student. I am not able to provide that, so I don't do it.

If you have a learning difficulty and struggle to get a "B" grade, why on earth would you want to teach? Do you think it's fair to the students to end up with a teacher who struggles to grasp the subject at hand? I'm not trying to dis you here - this is an honest question. If you are going headlong into this, are you passionate about it? Dedicated? Have you taught someone (anyone) anything yet?

I would take this whole teaching thing for a test drive. Find a subject you have some expertise in and try to convey this to someone else and see if you can do it effectively and that none of your learning difficulties interfere with your ability to convey information and skills.

Just sayin.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Let me elaborate.

I play drums. I've been doing it for a long time. I have had several people ask if I would ever consider teaching drums.

I wouldn't. Ever.

Why? I find it irresponsible to teach something if you are not proficient, dedicated, patient and have fully mastered the subject or skill at hand. It is a disservice to the student and an insult to teaching as a profession.

I don't read music and I have no formal training in percussion arts aside from a year or two in high school. If I were to teach, I would (should, must) provide a solid and comprehensive foundation of learning for the student. I am not able to provide that, so I don't do it.

If you have a learning difficulty and struggle to get a "B" grade, why on earth would you want to teach? Do you think it's fair to the students to end up with a teacher who struggles to grasp the subject at hand? I'm not trying to dis you here - this is an honest question. If you are going headlong into this, are you passionate about it? Dedicated? Have you taught someone (anyone) anything yet?

I would take this whole teaching thing for a test drive. Find a subject you have some expertise in and try to convey this to someone else and see if you can do it effectively and that none of your learning difficulties interfere with your ability to convey information and skills.

Just sayin.
Uhhh I'm not trying to teach English. I'm a poli sci major and I'm trying to teach government, I'm VERY passionate about it, and I do very well in all the related classes.

I spent a summer working with 8-14 year olds as a counselor at a summer camp, so I do have some experience with that. I like kids, and as one that was a huge pain in the ass myself, I shouldn't have toooo much trouble with the problem ones

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Uhhh I'm not trying to teach English. I'm a poli sci major and I'm trying to teach government, I'm VERY passionate about it, and I do very well in all the related classes.

I spent a summer working with 8-14 year olds as a counselor at a summer camp, so I do have some experience with that. I like kids, and as one that was a huge pain in the ass myself, I shouldn't have toooo much trouble with the problem ones
You teaching poli sci is the equivalent of Moby becoming a motivational speaker.

Facepalm in this thread is thunderous!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I noticed only the senior members of RM are chiming in.

I believe anyone at the age of 20 would sound like a blathering idiot, which TheMontashu is on both cases.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
mooshu bashing aside, i'd like to take a minute to point out two things

1 - the lick in the original video is clearly ripping off inspector gadget

2 - while the dude in the video has amazing dexterity, i'm not gonna be humming that tune while i walk down the street (though i might slow it down and hum some inspector gadget). i want a hook (the musical kind) or gtfo.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
:popcorn::popcorn:

Two things-
1. I also gave up searching for the new Hendrix a long time ago. As stated earlier, every new black guitarist was the "New Hendrix." Just like every new white blues guitarist is the new SRV. We dont need a new one...there is nothing wrong with the old ones. The new EVH, Hendrix, Yngwie, Satriani, Page etc...let it go. Judge guitarists(And everyone else for that matter.) on their own merits.

2. I gave up searching for sense, logic or intelligence in Mushoos posts a long time ago. It just doesnt happen much. It is what it is...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have you even gotten into Cal yet?

And btw, you would truly be an embarrassment to Cal graduates everywhere. Your dedication to politics seems to only be on the "I deserve what you have, even if I can't afford it, are not smart enough, or socially acceptable enough to get it on my own" side. While you will fit in perfectly with the freaks of Berkeley, a Cal Bear it does not make you.

The only person I know from Cal who has a job in politics (you know, that place where you get real-life experiences) has spent the last four years slaving in DC after getting a masters in Poli Sci from London School of Economics, and a BS in PoliSci/English. He is currently getting a JD from Georgetown, while working at the SEC.

Every other polisci major is either in marketing, advertising, some other completely unrelated field, or unemployed. The few who are teaching are teaching elementary school English.

Those who are teaching at high levels all have a very similar path to my above noted friend, AND got into Cal directly out of high school with 1500-1600 pt SAT's and straight A's without trying at Cal.

I would go so far as to qualify myself as one of the lesser smart people I met at Cal, and I still was able to knock ok grades (b/c) with minimal work and good grades (a/b) with dedicated work.

While I was on the fringe end of normal society when I graduated (due to a pretty decent amount of metal), I was smart enough to not get visual ink of metal that would leave facial scars. The guys I know that did, most of whom were in Tech, are doing okay. Those without a REAL skill which they can apply, well... let's just say that when we have big trips, the rest of us pitch in to make sure that they can come.

You have set yourself up for failure, as you no longer are visually acceptable to normal society. What type of school would hire someone covered with ink who does not have great real-world experience in their field. And what type of politician in their right mind would hire a ranking campaign support member who looks like they just walked out of the Mission? Politics is not like SF and Berkeley. You have been sheltered in a very liberal fringe area, and without being able to get that real-word experience, outside of our local area, how do you plan on justifying to a school why you are the best candidate? Like H8R said, you can't even be a student without getting help; how do you plan on being a teacher?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Have you even gotten into Cal yet?

And btw, you would truly be an embarrassment to Cal graduates everywhere. Your dedication to politics seems to only be on the "I deserve what you have, even if I can't afford it, are not smart enough, or socially acceptable enough to get it on my own" side. While you will fit in perfectly with the freaks of Berkeley, a Cal Bear it does not make you.

The only person I know from Cal who has a job in politics (you know, that place where you get real-life experiences) has spent the last four years slaving in DC after getting a masters in Poli Sci from London School of Economics, and a BS in PoliSci/English. He is currently getting a JD from Georgetown, while working at the SEC.

Every other polisci major is either in marketing, advertising, some other completely unrelated field, or unemployed. The few who are teaching are teaching elementary school English.

Those who are teaching at high levels all have a very similar path to my above noted friend, AND got into Cal directly out of high school with 1500-1600 pt SAT's and straight A's without trying at Cal.

I would go so far as to qualify myself as one of the lesser smart people I met at Cal, and I still was able to knock ok grades (b/c) with minimal work and good grades (a/b) with dedicated work.

While I was on the fringe end of normal society when I graduated (due to a pretty decent amount of metal), I was smart enough to not get visual ink of metal that would leave facial scars. The guys I know that did, most of whom were in Tech, are doing okay. Those without a REAL skill which they can apply, well... let's just say that when we have big trips, the rest of us pitch in to make sure that they can come.

You have set yourself up for failure, as you no longer are visually acceptable to normal society. What type of school would hire someone covered with ink who does not have great real-world experience in their field. And what type of politician in their right mind would hire a ranking campaign support member who looks like they just walked out of the Mission? Politics is not like SF and Berkeley. You have been sheltered in a very liberal fringe area, and without being able to get that real-word experience, outside of our local area, how do you plan on justifying to a school why you are the best candidate? Like H8R said, you can't even be a student without getting help; how do you plan on being a teacher?
Well clearly you're comprehension skills are far below mine. Read what I've said. I'm not trying to be a politician, I'm not trying to work as an aid, or a lobbyist, though I do know people at AIPAC if i wanted to get into that. I'm trying to TEACH in the san fancisco bay area dude........ As well, yes I struggle to pull a B in a sophomore English class, that's good enough to grade research papers dude, plenty good.

Again on the comprehension, the hole will close to 1/10 of an inch, and I have no tattoos that are hard to cover.

I'm not into Berkeley yet, I'll be applying in the fall. I changed my major and worked full time 2 of the 3 years I've been in school so it is taking me a while.

Just because I didn't get into cal outside of berkeley doesn't mean **** dude, I'm getting **** done my own way, and the school I spent my first couple years at isn't on the diploma moron.

Now if you would please stop being an asshole, and start demonstrating how educated you are and read what I'm saying. At least I can pass a star test.......