Quantcast

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Went to a show at a small spot in SF a month or so ago. This band animals as leaders opened. They came out with 2 guitarist (playing 8 strings) and a drummer, No vocals no bass player. I was a little confused, and didn't expect much. Boy was I wrong, I was right up front and could not belive how hard this dude shreds (he's even black) 8 finger tapping and sweeps like I've never seen.

Here is dude breaking down a riff

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
kind of a insult to hendrix....and hendrix thought the original guitarist of chicago was better than himself.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So because he's a talented black guitarist he's the "new Hendrix"? Words cannot express the fail.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
hmmm... I'd say a better comparison would be to Vai or even Eddie with that insane bi-dextral (hammer-tapping) technique. VERY cool! The guys has skills.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
hmmm... I'd say a better comparison would be to Vai or even Eddie with that insane bi-dextral (hammer-tapping) technique. VERY cool! The guys has skills.
That's my point. He doesn't play like Hendrix even a little bit.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Ever heard of a guy named Tony MacAlpine? Black. Not the next Hendrix.

Somehow you take "good guitar playing" and make some major fail out of it...how many times do you achieve "Epic Fail" status in a single day?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not really my thing...but if you like it, also check out Mick Barr.

here's a clip from his Ocrilim project

or maybe his Orthrelm project is more appealing

i like the black metal stylings of Krallice better

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Guy in the 1st vid has skills, no doubt... but Hendrix he is not. He has technique, he has talent, but his music has no soul.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I'm not sure if he has heard of Joe Jonas.

Funny, cause my good friend of mine looks like nick jonas to the point where he gets mistaken for him from time to time. He's also playing in a death metal ba nd right now, and was in a pretty big touring band from oakland called suffokate

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Funny, cause my good friend of mine looks like nick jonas to the point where he gets mistaken for him from time to time. He's also playing in a death metal ba nd right now, and was in a pretty big touring band from oakland called suffokate
Suffokate is awesome. Ricky Hoover scares the **** out of me, until you talk to him.

You have slightly redeemed yourself. Slightly.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Suffokate is awesome. Ricky Hoover scares the **** out of me, until you talk to him.

You have slightly redeemed yourself. Slightly.
Hahaha, I feel that. I can tell you that his friends are 100 times scarier, but there all super good dudes. Ricky is a super nice dude, unless you're a chick. He gets around like sanjuro in the castro. Kinda funny though, he's played about half the dumb girls I know who are into that kind of stuff.

The other weird thing is that my buddy who was in that band was to christian to listen to slayer till he was like 16, next thing I know he's 17 and some little 14 year old freshmen girl he fell in love with gets him into hardcore and metal and he's in suffokate.