Quantcast

the new rig

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
so the new rig is finnaly in the building stage..

07 Transistion T-O-P
transistion revoluton wheelset 10mm solid bolt axel
chris king headset
nemisis tuned and slammed marz 4X fork
nemisis project pure raw bars
profile lock ring stem polished
profile raw 3piece crank with s&m chainring 30t
shadow conspiracy half link chain
gusset single speed conversion kit right now 16t cog but might change to 13 or 14 dunno
odi lock on ruffian grips
shadow conspiracy prenumbra le crow bryon anderson seat
maxxis holyrollers

now all i need is a brake any recommendations on one??? come on guys whats the best street/dj urban hydraulic rear brake.

pics to come

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Avids. You could go hydraulic. But, mechanical, like the BB7s or BB5s, would be cheaper, lighter, and work very well for street/dj.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Cru, why do you say Hydro's? Just curoius is all, I like the simplicity of Mech. and if something does go wrong, the ease of fixing it.

And I agree on the BB7's, BB5's if you don't want to spend the extra couple dollars. But I think it's worth the couple extra dollars for the 7's.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Cru, why do you say Hydro's? Just curoius is all, I like the simplicity of Mech. and if something does go wrong, the ease of fixing it.

And I agree on the BB7's, BB5's if you don't want to spend the extra couple dollars. But I think it's worth the couple extra dollars for the 7's.
He was asking about hydros, so I said that would be fine. But, I like the simplicity and lighter weight of mechs, as well.

Hydros would work better (i.e. less hand strength to lock up the brakes), but I don't think it's necessary for street/dj.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
He was asking about hydros, so I said that would be fine. But, I like the simplicity and lighter weight of mechs, as well.
Gotcha, I should have fully read his before replying to yours.

Cru Jones said:
Hydros would work better (i.e. less hand strength to lock up the brakes), but I don't think it's necessary for street/dj.
I agree

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
right on cru thanks but see i need the stronger brake with less pull on the lever. i cracked my shoulder blade three seasons in a row dh racing years ago. and well being the stubborn italian i am i didnt really let it fully heal so i have pinched nerves in my arm from it so my hand doesnt work to well. even to the point i was thinking of runnning my brakes moto as my left hand is stronger than my right..

was originally thinking formula k24's. or the avid juicy something of that nature im looking for good modulation and something that cant take attemped barspin and $h!t...

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Sounds like a killer build. What color is the top? I take it this is a 26" build. Need some pics when she's built.

No offence to anyone that's done it or to you AN6, but dammit when you post a thread before the build keeping us on edge =)

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
right on cru thanks but see i need the stronger brake with less pull on the lever. i cracked my shoulder blade three seasons in a row dh racing years ago. and well being the stubborn italian i am i didnt really let it fully heal so i have pinched nerves in my arm from it so my hand doesnt work to well. even to the point i was thinking of runnning my brakes moto as my left hand is stronger than my right..

was originally thinking formula k24's. or the avid juicy something of that nature im looking for good modulation and something that cant take attemped barspin and $h!t...
Word, that's crazy. Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about Avid Juicy's. I would just stay away from Hayes.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
color is raw. on the frame. so everything is either raw black polished or white to offset the white fork...hmmm. yeah was lookin at the juicy 7 i like the modualtion control on it... how is the elvel reach can you make them pretty close to the bars. plus my bars are 22.2mm i htink

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
mechanicals are better ian! i prefer the simple hayes mx2 caliper, avid fr5 lever and a 140mm avid rotor. works perfect. dial it in and let it wear it in its soooooo grabby! ran the same caliper for THREE years. it is awesome

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
cleared and thanks fiddy for the offer but i got the new version coming next week . got the hook up nasty styles from the ladies brother.. man if he would only do this more often for me... so now i just wait. the bike should be rolling this weekend and riden for the first time next week thank god.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
damn I'm just getting red x's. ahh got it. man that's f'n clean. Those profiles are raw too, huh? sweet.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
alright we are almost there tonight she will be ready and done. cutting the steeerer tube tonight connecting the chain and making minor adjustments but all in all should be ridable tonight for a nice late night streeet sesh.

take a look

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
everything is raw except the seat post,the headset,this current stem(will be switched to the nemisi project raw stem as soon as b 2 the rad gets one ready) and the pedals not sure what kind i am gettting was told they are sick so we will see tonight.. will ahve completed pics tom prob

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Sweet! That's a dope ride you got going. Bring that bad boy up to da whoops. I'll be there probably tonight and tomorrow night.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
if your raw stuff is anything like mine, thanks to the coastal moisture in our air, your bike will be covered in rust in about 2 weeks. my bars are already orange/rust as hell after 2.5 weeks, i've even already had to sand them back down to the shine and it's almost time to do it again...

How close to the coast are you? I'm in the valley so I wasn't worried bout my raw bars but now you got my attention.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
in the sfv . **** didnt even think of this until now.. well we start a new trend. we rock the rust color.. pure rust. hahahaha.. well gonna have to get lots of sand paper ready then ... but hey finnally i can ride again.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Idea with the raw material. Could you possibly spray it down with WD-40 and whipe it clean? Maybe do that once every couple of weeks. It may keep it sealed up enough not to start rusting, and still have the Raw look.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
yeah i was told to just wipe it down with chainlube ever few weeks. . so we will see. but the steerer was cut,the bars as well. everything is looking clean as all hell. got some new pedals for it from expedo i think is how its spelled. thanks ken you rock. chain is on jst need to take it out and ride it.. big ups to kyle over at transition thanks guys,brad over at nemisis cant wait to ride the fork n the bars . just need that stem now lol. but really cant wait for the nem bike. lol thanks to ken from wellgo-expedo for the hookup on pedals. complete shots to come and riding shots as well.