Quantcast

The newest Peace in the collection.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Wear gloves.

A friend had a .308 deringer, lead was at the top of the barrel, good for nothing, but it was only money.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This isn't easy on the wrists, but with gloves it's at least manageable.
014ce7ddf2da5c48943a79b7c52c22570d676d85dd.jpg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I almost added a new piece to the collection last week when I found a Benelli semi-auto shotgun in a double track along a ditch bank out along a field that is a regular spot for upland bird hunters. Luckily for the owner, he filed a lost firearm report with the county sheriff. I was able to return his grandfather's shotgun to him. Hahaha

74654.jpeg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@Jm_ @Nick

Yes maybe if you lose a firearm you don't deserve it back. I don't like semi-auto shotguns though and it was too nice and well cared for to be forgotten. I made sure it wasn't stolen and started poking around for the owner. Turns out it may come back around and grant me access to another section of land I been wanting to cut some trails across... that would be worth returning that thing!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Jm_ @Nick

Yes maybe if you lose a firearm you don't deserve it back. I don't like semi-auto shotguns though and it was too nice and well cared for to be forgotten. I made sure it wasn't stolen and started poking around for the owner. Turns out it may come back around and grant me access to another section of land I been wanting to cut some trails across... that would be worth returning that thing!
No no, you definitely did the right thing!
Your karma bank is full.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Do you hate your wrists?
Not as much as they hate me

Wear gloves.

A friend had a .308 deringer, lead was at the top of the barrel, good for nothing, but it was only money.
I Definitely dont plan to do any precision shooting with it. Now i need to find someone local that stock ammo for it. Luckily, i have all this week off to search. Hopefully range day this weekend.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
You surrendered all hopes of precision shooting when you got a gun with a barrel shorter than the chamber. That thing should have a contact safety like nail guns have.
Atleast i can shoot .410 out of it and hope to hit something that way.
Speaking of which. Not the worst $140 ive spent, but not the best either. I will probably get more next weekend as i currently did not want to spend the $50 for 50 rounds of 45LC. Will also need another box of .357 target loads, 9mm, .22, and 8mm mauser.

Attachments

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You surrendered all hopes of precision shooting when you got a gun with a barrel shorter than the chamber. That thing should have a contact safety like nail guns have.
The other part is muzzle velocity. If you can't build muzzle velocity, which is common with blunt-nose/short-barrel firearms, you aren't gaining penetration energy compared to a smaller caliber with a longer barrel and you are losing accuracy. At those real short barrel lengths, you lose a LOT of the velocity compared to what the "advertised" ammo speed is. 20% is not uncommon. Since KE increases as a function of the square of velocity, you get a lot more bang for the buck with velocity increase vs. a mass increase. Apart from a "belly gun" for point-blank shooting, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Being able to shoot multiple "calibers" out of a gun can be nice, but I decided against shooting the .44 specials in mine, even though they are fun to shoot, they just foul the barrel with lead vs. .44 mag.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The other part is muzzle velocity. If you can't build muzzle velocity, which is common with blunt-nose/short-barrel firearms, you aren't gaining penetration energy compared to a smaller caliber with a longer barrel and you are losing accuracy. At those real short barrel lengths, you lose a LOT of the velocity compared to what the "advertised" ammo speed is. 20% is not uncommon. Since KE increases as a function of the square of velocity, you get a lot more bang for the buck with velocity increase vs. a mass increase. Apart from a "belly gun" for point-blank shooting, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Being able to shoot multiple "calibers" out of a gun can be nice, but I decided against shooting the .44 specials in mine, even though they are fun to shoot, they just foul the barrel with lead vs. .44 mag.

I am not exactly a gun person but I'd say my Browning Buckmark would be more useful for any task, because I can hit my target. Unless your goal is to spend lots of money on ammunition to make loud noises.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I am not exactly a gun person but I'd say my Browning Buckmark would be more useful for any task, because I can hit my target. Unless your goal is to spend lots of money on ammunition to make loud noises.
99068128_10102167702913184_7876812799291162624_n.jpg

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
"Hope" to hit something? Ooofff.
To be fair, it was never my intention to own a snub nosed revolver, never cared for the look. The only reason i got it was that they dont come up for sale very often and it was a decent price. $365. I was gonna get it for $265 but someone jumped the price 4 times before the auction ended before they gave up and my max was $400.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Bought those see all open sights 50% off, and while the delta looks usable, the crosshair does not. I did not see the hash marks execpt for on the camera with the picture. Hopefully i can try them out this weekend.
20201125_130422.jpg
20201125_130900.jpg