Quantcast

the next level...

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
For ALL the MTB haters...Bring your azzes down to Socal and Norcal...i ain't gonna rip sh*t...but I'll make your jaw drop...and by the way at this places BMXR's and MTB riders ride all togheter:bonk:

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
No Cru is right, you're an idiot.

You're missing the point of this thread. And it sounds like you were whining asking where's the 26rs doing this crazy stuff.
This is a forum genius, the point of all of these threads is to ask questions and get answers for them, even if you're watching videos along the way. If you don't like what people are saying/asking then quit reading.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
You guys are idiots and you are ruining a great thread.
Hey now, I hope you're not including me in that sentence! I ride MTB, wear a helmet and still ride with BMXers who fugging kill it. I'm only here to see sick riding. PERIOD! I don't care what you're on! Well, I never really have liked unicycles...they're kinda fruity. Like rollerblades and comfort bikes...
And I am DEFINATELY not a doubter of MTB steeze! I DO think we're not to the level of pure street BMX yet. And I don't think it will ever be "equal." Different tools for different jobs. It's all fun to watch and even better to DO, it's just the learning that stings a little...

puttsey

Chimp
Apr 28, 2007
Honestly for the first part of the clip I didnt see anything new. Bunch of 360s and **** that my friends can do. Then I just got sick of seeing guys on tiny bikes wearing girls pants so I turned it off.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
OK, since this very thread has started and BECAUSE of this very thread, I have learned(I'm a 26 rider) 180 hops, evolved them to 180s off 3'-4' ledges and working(unsuccessfully thus far) on 180s up ledges, rudementary barspins off small ledges(still can't bunny hop them), and pedal grinds. However, I still can't get OFF the ledges I grind and I'm TRASHING my chainstay... a little help? Is it just bad voodoo to do pedal grinds on street stuffs or am I missing an element???
Hope this isn't hijacking, but I am only posting this because this thread made me do it...!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Yeah, but you don't count. Atleast you get to pull off something sick before the pain comes... I keep tripping over my training wheels. Nah, I'm just playin, I'm having the furkin time of my life(literally!) learnin new sheeit! And it all seems to be hitting me at once. Who woulda thought... I just had to buy a hardtail...

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
OK, since this very thread has started and BECAUSE of this very thread, I have learned(I'm a 26 rider) 180 hops, evolved them to 180s off 3'-4' ledges and working(unsuccessfully thus far) on 180s up ledges, rudementary barspins off small ledges(still can't bunny hop them), and pedal grinds. However, I still can't get OFF the ledges I grind and I'm TRASHING my chainstay... a little help? Is it just bad voodoo to do pedal grinds on street stuffs or am I missing an element???
Hope this isn't hijacking, but I am only posting this because this thread made me do it...!
Pedal grinds are a bit tougher but go for it dude, I do them on street stuff all the time. You are probably doing a chainstay grind and sliding your pedal on the ledge, not a big deal. Chainstay grinds are cool, Ive been trashing my chainstays on the 20 for a while now and you wont have to worry about them being ground through for a while if its CroMo.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Pedal grinds are a bit tougher but go for it dude, I do them on street stuff all the time. You are probably doing a chainstay grind and sliding your pedal on the ledge, not a big deal. Chainstay grinds are cool, Ive been trashing my chainstays on the 20 for a while now and you wont have to worry about them being ground through for a while if its CroMo.

I wanna throw a peg on the back(running a 12mm TA Ringle hub), but I'm scared to death of landing on the damn thing... you know, kinda like Mr Wade in the above posted vid??? YIKES. That, and the only reason I ride with a lid on is because when I go over the bars that rear axle bolt ALWAYS finds my head. I'm on my 3rd lid now from that!

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
Hahah, I know the rear axle finding the head deal. I got smacked on the head a few times today doing foot jams.

Its all practice, you'll get it with time just dont put a peg on there it ruins the look of the bike ;)

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Haha Holy sh!t! If that's not a fuking helmet ad, I don't know what is!!! DAAAAYYYUMN! I don't care if I look like a total fruit, the helmet stays. Anything that let's me push my limits with more confidence is a GOOD thing!
I sat there watching the vid trying to keep mental notes of sick parts to mention, then the next one would pop up... now I can't remember any of it! But I feel like taking 6 asprin and going to bed.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Has this been posted? Highlights of the Dew Tour filmed by Team Soil. The lake jump in the beginning is freakin hillarious. And Fuzzy's reaction about half way through...

I just found out the Stephen Murray is having his annual jam on August 4th during the X-Games. Rad... who needs dirt at X???

In case you haven't seen it, here is some footage from last year's jam...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Trains, trails, flow at Jennings trails...

http://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/video/image/0,27679,1630156_78_1 1630156,00.html

All this Fox stuff so far has been going on within an hour or so from my house. If I had known they were at these spots I would have grabbed my son out of school and skipped work to go watch. Funny that they hit Jennings' trails - they look amazaing but I would have loved to see those guys riding some other local spots. Come to think of it, better to keep those other spots quiet.