Quantcast

the next level...

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
That is the sickest 360 pic i have ever seen. I learned 3 tables a week ago, now i must invert them. Crazy inspiration right thur.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
that's a 720 right, I counted two full rotations...
The flip is one rotation the 3 is the other. It's just hard to tell when it's all off axis like that. But, it's def a 3 flip. I remember seeing this same argument everywhere when Jordy Lunn did one. For some reason, they tend to look more like inverted 7s on MTBs than they do on BMXs.

Check the write up from Decline...

"The surprise of the day came from Aze Etzold from Germany. He was one of the few riders running a full-face helmet, and today everyone found out why. Aze’s first run today started off normal, but when he got to the second jump, he began to twist and spin in the air. No one knew what was happening until he landed his 360-backflip smooth as glass. He rode away victorious while the entire crowd (riders included) stood in awe of what had just happened."

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
uhh ohh, what did I start :poster_oops: I'm not 100% on names of tricks, I just loved the shot, and was repeating what was said on Eastern Front. I guess call it what you will, I still love the shot :)

"This photo is of a dude named Aze Etzold. He's a rider from somewhere in Europe. All that really matters here is that he cleaned this Cork 720! Photo by Markus Greber."

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Corked seven in my book.
Then your book is wrong. :bonk:

Everybody that does them calls them 3 flips. Think about the rotation. Normally, half way through a backflip your bike is facing the lip. Half way through a 3 flip, your bike would be 180 (facing the landing) while upsidedown, just like it is in that sequence. But, like I said, they do look like corked 7s, so no worries. As long as it's not called a 720 backflip... cuz that would be way off.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I'm not sure if Cory Midget was the first one to do this trick but i saw at K.O.D in Venice few years ago...and the announcer says: 360 flip...fo sho!!!and people went crazy!@!!
Cory is from my woods. I've seen him do that trick a ton. I once saw him land on a skater at the skate park doing it. It wasn't pretty.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
yup. two full rotations = 720. upside downness = cork
triple agree...corked 720. if anything the flip (aka most upside down part) is in the first half, so it should be a flip 3, not 3 flip, but that doesn't matter since it's a corked 720.

hi zach, hope it's not too hot up there. i miss the 114 degree days.