Quantcast

the next level...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Ordered it today... can't wait!
Got the full pack with the poster and the extra DVD with a couple of classic vids. Cru - you have to see SOIL when you get it - all mid 90's Cali trail stuff.

I've only had time for one watch, but Anthem II is very very good. Aitken's part is typical flow with boost - you cannot get tired of watching him ride. Couple of sections surprised me - I thought Brian Yeagle's and Clint Reynold's parts were treats. Yeah, I know they have been such good riders but their style and creativity stood out. Clint Reynold's transfer thread between 2 trees will blow minds. Some heads I know rode Posh this summer and saw the setup he did it on and couldn't believe it was possible. The trees are so tight he has to turn his bars a bit to get thru.

It's a rad vid all around. Best trail footage out on a dvd and the street is refreshing in a way - more flowy sh1t than straight up t-whip in/bar out stuff. Still tech but smoother save for Sean Burn's gnar fest. That dude is the craziest and toughest dude out there.

Last edited:

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Most of his parts for Anthem 2 were filmed before the accident (the accident happened during filming). He's riding again... but def not back to the same level, yet. There may be some of him post accident in Anthem 2? Not sure.
I don't think so Cru, when he was back in PA over the summer he didn't want anybody to film him.

I did hear the riding from Aitken is awsome! I had from friends that were there when they were filming on that last trip to PA. Brian Yeagle is a nasty trail rider too.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Clint Reynold's transfer thread between 2 trees will blow minds. Some heads I know rode Posh this summer and saw the setup he did it on and couldn't believe it was possible. The trees are so tight he has to turn his bars a bit to get thru.

P@@@ has some sick lines. Lips that point straight into a chain link fence, if you don't hip 90 degrees u r effed. Crazy long lows to huge booters, place is amazing. They seriously have built on every square inch of that place. Can't wait to go back in the spring.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
P@@@ has some sick lines. Lips that point straight into a chain link fence, if you don't hip 90 degrees u r effed. Crazy long lows to huge booters, place is amazing. They seriously have built on every square inch of that place. Can't wait to go back in the spring.
Yeah, those heads I was talking about that went out there were pretty blown away if not straight intimidated by a lot of it and they are all very solid trail riders. I'd like to get a trip out just to take a peak at it.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, those heads I was talking about that went out there were pretty blown away if not straight intimidated by a lot of it and they are all very solid trail riders. I'd like to get a trip out just to take a peak at it.
Don, you will ride plenty there. There are more intermediate jumps there than at Catty. There is also plenty of stuff that is crazy.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
flair or 540 at 1:08, id say that one was right in the grey area between the two

also at 1:28 theres a switch foot nose manual, is it easier that way?

and that hipped 360 at about 4:40 made me cry a little

Last edited:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I would call 0:29 a 180 downside whip but that last clip the bike never moved, just him.

regardless it's a dope edit with some clean downside whip/decades.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
frustrating thing is that if the frame moves an inch they call it a downside whip. i grew up loving decades and have been so pissed when they dubbed em as downside whips when they actually were sweet decades

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
fixed, thanks. Yeah I was at a park 2 weeks ago, and that kid threw the 360 barspin to smith as soon as he got there. Kid has serious skills and is only 16.