Quantcast

the next level...

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
honestly, watching all these BMX movies, im really considering selling my SX Trail to get one and just check it out.
havnt used that thing since i left for college anyways..

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Lemme just tell you from personal experience: it's not as easy as it looks!

It takes TONS of time to go from being pretty good at MTB to being pretty good at BMX, but it's worth it to try it for sure.

You can build a really really sick BMX for cheap. Like some of the nicest frames out right now are $350, so that's a plus.

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
My goal for next season is to ride 20in most of the time, compared to 26 all of this summer . I have a feeling I am going to spend a good chunk of next summer p!ssed off. Bike should be here is a few weeks.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Can you say TECH STEEEZ?

damn. Good Stuff. Slam bars, and no brakes seems to be the new fad (watch Lotek mix tape)

That curved wall in the UK was awesome.

mixing things up and riding a 20 will do nothing but good things for your mtb game, and it's a ton of fun.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Jeebus that wallride looks scary.

I watched the video again and it was nuts. The riding level on BMX is off the hook. The guy w/ the freecoaster just hit some nasty lines and the wallrides, tables, tailwhips, etc. are off the hook.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Speaking of landing backwards... did any of you guys catch Mike Aitken at X-Games dirt this year??? Dude did a HUGE 180 lookback, fully clicked, over like a 30 ft dirt jump. Landed fakie, back pedaled like crazy up the finish ramp, then rode away forward. I'd never seen anything like it... landing fakie on a dirt jump!? It was beautiful. Perfectly clicked lookback in a super slow motion 180. Stupid judges gave him like an 80. IMO, proof that style is way underrated in contests nowadays.

Imagine what freecoaster hubs might do on the dirt... hitting DJs fakie... it will happen.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
curved wall rides are easier then one would think. Not discrediting those guys (i can't see the video, it won't load..:() , just sayin...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Speaking of landing backwards... did any of you guys catch Mike Aitken at X-Games dirt this year??? Dude did a HUGE 180 lookback, fully clicked, over like a 30 ft dirt jump. Landed fakie, back pedaled like crazy up the finish ramp, then rode away forward. I'd never seen anything like it... landing fakie on a dirt jump!? It was beautiful. Perfectly clicked lookback in a super slow motion 180. Stupid judges gave him like an 80. IMO, proof that style is way underrated in contests nowadays.

Imagine what freecoaster hubs might do on the dirt... hitting DJs fakie... it will happen.
I first saw this move a few months ago in one of the later props videos. they were down in FL if I remember correctly and one of them boys (maybe aitken, can't remember) pulled a HUGE 180 fakie lander. I was in awe. It was prolly one of the coolest things I'd seen pulled off on dirt...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Thanks for posting the video. I was just in a discussion on another board about the freecoaster. Cool to see a good video of it in action.

Any reason why Chase uses his little roller gizmo and not something like this? Seems like you could build a dedicated hub that you could run with gears and a freecoaster. Might be kind of cool, who knows...