Quantcast

the next level...

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Montgomery is next level. And that is probably the best trick jump i ever built. Over the next year MTB will be pushed to insane levels on that hit.

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
I know I'm going to be a lone ranger on this but in my opinion this video sucked. Great cinematography and every shot was excellently planned out but that's what made it a terrible bike video. McCaskill's riding was ok but I felt like I was watching a music video or I was expecting it to turn into an advertisement for Right Guard or Axe or some ****.
I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
I know I'm going to be a lone ranger on this but in my opinion this video sucked. Great cinematography and every shot was excellently planned out but that's what made it a terrible bike video. McCaskill's riding was ok but I felt like I was watching a music video or I was expecting it to turn into an advertisement for Right Guard or Axe or some ****.
Well, it IS an advertisement for Leica Cameras.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I've seen better vids with danny mac, but that was far from sucking. :thumb:

They overdid the flat 3s and g-turns, but who cares? For an ad, it rates pretty damned high, in my opinion. :D

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i would have to agree.

macaskill kills it, obviously. but the video itself . . . ugh. terrible music . . . and the camera work and editing made me think it was done by a non-rider.

and the slogan--maybe i overthink things, but bear with me-- "Go Play" was completely off-base.

"As a result of three video votings, we love to present the complete video. Enjoy the video and see Cape Town with the eyes of a street trials pro rider. For Danny, the city is one enormous playground."

i've noticed that when non-riders or XC/roadie riders talk about jumps, pump tracks, skills courses, they call it "playing"--as in "I want a DJ bike to 'play around' on." it's in contrast to "serious riding" or "competitive riding." whereas a rider who takes trials/jumps etc. seriously would not ever call it "playing." am i wrong?

totally inferior to macaskill's epic Band of Horses "funeral" edit. that one was a justifiable classic.

Last edited:

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i was kinda bored with it, cuz the discipline isnt what he excels in. although there were a few parts that blew my mind, like the combo to fakie tailwhip to fakie.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
It's always refreshing to see Rooftop shred. Dude has been banging around since most of these young-bucks were still in Pampers. It's great to see him still hanging with those whipper-snappers.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
^ nice. Maybe not "next" level in the literal sense as this type or riding looks more old-school to me, but man do I love it. Sprocket stalls = yay!