Quantcast

The Nirve Hex

Silenttoxic

Chimp
Jun 9, 2008

I bought this bike aprox. 6 years ago for 550$(retail) and have only riden it a hand full of times with the only noticeable damage on the handle grip guards ...anyways heres the full spec's i was able to obtain from Nirve..

FRAME " 100% Crmo Trail Design, 20.5"" TTL, oversized tubes, forged 3D dropouts w/intergrated grindshield & chain tensioners"
FORK "100% Crmo, butted threadless steer tube 1 3/8"" blades, weld-in nut, 14mm axle slot"
STEM "Voxom FS/Trail Design aluminum threadless"
HANDLEBAR "Voxom Trail Design, 100% Crmo thickwall Expert size"
GRIPS "Voxom FS Design, double-density, Kraton rubber"
HEADSET "Dia-Compe Tank"
SPACERS "Alum 4mm x 3 pcs, anodized black "
"COMP DEVICE" "Heavy duty 1/2"" hollow bolt black, w/35mm diameter black washer"
CRANKS "Voxom 3-pc tubular Crmo 175mm w/pinch bolts"
PEDALS "Voxom aluminum platform, 9/16"""
"BB SET" "Sealed bearing cartridge"
CHAINRING "Voxom Trail Design, 1pc aluminum CNC'd 7mm thick, 44T x 1/8"""
CHAIN "KMC Z510HX 1/2""x1/8"" full CP"
FREEWHEEL "ACS FAT Crmo 1/2 X 1/8"
RIMS "Alex Supra-E triple wall, welded, chrome, 48H"
"HUB FRONT" "Voxom ""Dumbbell"" Trail Design, aluminum, sealed mechanism, 48H, 14mm axle"
"HUB REAR" "Voxom ""Dumbbell"" Trail Design, aluminum, sealed mechanism, 48H, 14mm axle, aluminum grindshield"
"SPOKES & NIPPLES" "14G Stainless, Brass 1/2"""
TIRES "Front: Voxom ""Factor 9"" 2.125; Rear: Voxom ""Rubbers"" 1.95, all black"
SEAT "Voxom FS/Trail Design, 2-pc cover, padded, 9mm steel heat-treated rails"
SEATPOST " 25.4mm Crmo micro-adjustable double-bolt, straight"
"SEATPOST CLAMP" "Built into frame with custom heavy-duty bolt"
"BRAKE FRONT" N/A
"BRAKE REAR" "Tektro FX20, low-profile, linear spring cold forged"
"BRAKE LEVER(S)" "Dia-Compe Tech 77"
"BRAKE CABLE(S)" "CCC, silver braided, Voxom logo"
PEGS N/A
DETANGLER "SST ORYG 1-1/8"" w/Custom Voxom braided cables"
EXTRAS "Voxom integrated chain tensioners, steel handlebar end caps"

I was curious as to how much you think this bike is worth now...as i am pretty much looking to get rid of it

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
6 years old dude. Given the depreciation and the fact that Nirve doesn't make BMX bikes anymore, i doubt you'll get more than 75 like grom-dom stated.

the bike itself is very very outdated. But look at where you're asking the question. I bet all of us here are way more tuned to the new hot bikes and what they are going for. You can probably get a better deal if you sell this to someone who knows nothing about bikes, which is the obvious thing to do.

Silenttoxic

Chimp
Jun 9, 2008
so what ur basicly saying is im gonna get the same amount of money as it costs for a new wal-mart bike...that dosnt sound right

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Yep that's what everyones saying, it's 6 years old who cares if you never used it that doesn't take away from the fact that it's 6 years old and like stated above this compnay is no longer in the bike biz.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
yea the direction bmx is at, the weight would scare the avg rider. Keep the bike and give it to your kid if you have one or save it till you have one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unfortunately, everyone is pretty much right. You'll be lucky to get 20% of what you invested in it.

Bikes depreciate in value just like cars.

Silenttoxic

Chimp
Jun 9, 2008
lol alright guys thanks, i probably will just end up keeping it...its not like its a horrible bike or anything, its real good for down hilling and all that but i was just curious what i would be able to get for it...

maybe i would get more if i tried to sell it in pieces?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
maybe i would get more if i tried to sell it in pieces?

nope. there is not any part on there that you could sell for decent cash. it's completely outdated. everything in bmx right now is light light light and you caught the tail end of the 'heavy duty' trend. plus nirve was never even a remotely cool brand. a heavy ass next generation s&m holmes MIGHT catch some money on craigslist for a collector. like this one http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/712904330.html . . . . but still that guy is NEVER gonna get $600 for it.

SOLUTION: just ride it and have fun. OR buy a new school frame and switch all the parts. it'll still be heavy, and you still can't sell it, but you'd shave off about 4 pounds.