Quantcast

The non-political Rippin Chix Pix Thread.....

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
Here are some shots from our first DH race this season.
(Individual shots...Carolyn, Dawn, and Me(Mutoli))
It was alot of fun...Dawn & I got 1st in our age groups/catagory and Carolyn 2nd in hers. That weekend injured alot of the girls there :(
Carolyn raced with a fractured hand! She is hard core! :D
One of the other girls on the team had a bad crash as well and was unable to race...
 

Attachments

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
160
0
Utah
seamonkey said:
altagirl, did we race against eachother this weekend in deer valley? i was on the black astrix.
Yeah - we must have! I'm remembering several black bikes, tho... What class were you in and what were you wearing? (I'm expert 30-34 and had the same helmet/goggles/bike as above, but I think I raced in a yellow jersey most of last weekend).

I found out yesterday that I was racing w/Sunnyracegirl over on MTBR in Dual Slalom and Super D. I'm "Connie" over there. Funny we didn't realize that until afterwards reading trip reports!
 

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
2,095
5
crashing at a trail near you...
Shyrmp said:
For me this year was all about learning new skills......

Practicing cornering techniques



Learning how to negotiate small drops


Tackling my fears and gaining confidence at N*


Oh yeah and learning to ride clipless......:p
cool style, dig the color coordinated fork/socks, and its great that you can laugh at yourself in the learning to ride clipless pic :thumb:
 

seamonkey

Chimp
Jan 10, 2004
24
0
Breck CeeOhh
altagirl, i raced expert 25-29, dressed in black, nondescript black astrix. my name is aubrey, i went off between joy and tasa. i think i saw you in the yellow jersey.
what an awesome race!!
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
seamonkey said:
altagirl, i raced expert 25-29, dressed in black, nondescript black astrix. my name is aubrey, i went off between joy and tasa. i think i saw you in the yellow jersey.
what an awesome race!!
Seamonkey-
You raced against my teammate Brooke (she took 3rd). Blue jersey w/ Speedy Beaver Racing in pink on it! I wish I could have made it to this race...looks like alot of fun! Next year maybe!
 

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
160
0
Utah
Cool! I remember you and Brooke - Brooke and I stood there looking at the finish line drop stressing together for a while... ;) So what other races are you girls going to this year? I don't think I'm going to make Schweitzer (too far to drive and not enough time between races...), but we should be at Snowmass and Brian Head, for sure.
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
altagirl said:
Cool! I remember you and Brooke - Brooke and I stood there looking at the finish line drop stressing together for a while... ;) So what other races are you girls going to this year? I don't think I'm going to make Schweitzer (too far to drive and not enough time between races...), but we should be at Snowmass and Brian Head, for sure.
Have you and I met before? My name is Joy Mutoli! Anyways...I don't think I am hitting any nationals this year..but hope to next year. My husband and I are hitting the BC cups instead! Possibly a few more Oregon ones too.
 

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
160
0
Utah
MUTOLI said:
Have you and I met before? My name is Joy Mutoli! Anyways...I don't think I am hitting any nationals this year..but hope to next year. My husband and I are hitting the BC cups instead! Possibly a few more Oregon ones too.
Sorry - I should write more clearly! I meant I remember seamonkey and Brooke. Should have responded to the two posts separately instead of mixing that together - Ooops!

Hope to meet you next year!!

-Connie
 

seamonkey

Chimp
Jan 10, 2004
24
0
Breck CeeOhh
yep, i raced with brooke, she's so cool!! i kept on calling her 'speedy beaver' b/c i couldn't remember her name. i love the speedy beaver thing! i hear you like morning wood!!
i hope to see the beavs up in whistler this fall.
i'll probably race brian head and the local mountain states cup race in telluride, hope to see you ladies there!!
i love this sport.
 

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
1,457
20
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Bump to the top for a good thread that manages to always sink to the bottom.

California State DH Championship June 2005- Beginner Women 19-29

Adrienne........


Lauren........


and myself.........


Followed by the happy podium (Adrienne, Me, Lauren- L to R) :D

 

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
1,107
0
Sandy Eggo, CA
mcgowanc said:
.. I am still an XC geek .. but here is one from Telluride
and one from my 1st Mnt Cross in Angle Fire.
Very nice! :thumb:
MTX was my first "gravity" event. I loved it! Plattekill in the rain...
Keep up the good work!
 

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
202
0
Boulder CO
sunny said:
Very nice! :thumb:
MTX was my first "gravity" event. I loved it! Plattekill in the rain...
Keep up the good work!
Thanks .. I keep meaning to do more gravity events at races .. but practice is always during the XC events... So then I am just a lil skurd :)
 

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
202
0
Boulder CO
TreeSaw said:
The shot of you on the Yeti is awesome...did you get a new bike?
Thanks!! Yeah I got a more race appropriate bike ... I love the ID, but its just a little to heavy for the races that we have around here. Waaaaaayyyy tooo much climbing :)
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
17,738
1,992
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mcgowanc said:
Thanks!! Yeah I got a more race appropriate bike ... I love the ID, but its just a little to heavy for the races that we have around here. Waaaaaayyyy tooo much climbing :)
Sweet! I have been looking at a 575 and plan on upgarding for next year's racing as well. It's going to be a little heavier than my Jekyll but it's awesome on the technical trails I ride and SO stable on the steeper DH stuff that we have around here as well. I'm also hoping to go SS soon too.
 

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
202
0
Boulder CO
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! I have been looking at a 575 and plan on upgarding for next year's racing as well. It's going to be a little heavier than my Jekyll but it's awesome on the technical trails I ride and SO stable on the steeper DH stuff that we have around here as well. I'm also hoping to go SS soon too.
I know a couple of people who have the 575 and they really like 'em. Its def a bit more plush than mine :) The more and more I ride my yeti the more I trust it. I was pretty nervous about the carbon at first -- but I pushed it a little more at Moab this year - and had no problems .. They seem to make a goood bike!!

Ahhh yes the SS .. I am trying to build one of those up tooo. Its one of those projects - one day I hope to finish. You still on the bike?
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
17,738
1,992
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mcgowanc said:
I know a couple of people who have the 575 and they really like 'em. Its def a bit more plush than mine :) The more and more I ride my yeti the more I trust it. I was pretty nervous about the carbon at first -- but I pushed it a little more at Moab this year - and had no problems .. They seem to make a goood bike!!

Ahhh yes the SS .. I am trying to build one of those up tooo. Its one of those projects - one day I hope to finish. You still on the bike?
Sweet! Earl has the 575 and really loves it. I've ridden his a couple times, but it's too big. One of our friends has a small and I borrowed it for a couple of rides and :drool: was sold.

I am still on the bike--actually went out for a ride tonight. Taking it easy, but atleast I am still spinning.
 

freeridenchk

Chimp
Sep 13, 2005
13
0
Pete's Hill drops. fun! Fall riding is great. Great pics in here btw. It is cool there is a little womens forum. so hello to all the women who ride.
 

Attachments