Quantcast

The "not so quick" link.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
This thing is a peice of crap, how do you get it apart. I know how it works, but it seems as you cant push it apart with your hands as it is way to stiff, is there somthing that i am missing? :mad:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
you mean Powerlink?

thumb and pointer on either side of the link, push together, then slide apart. need slack in the chain.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
loco said:
Do mack's posts automatically get edited now or something???

what are you talking about?

I think that the thing is warped, it isnt going any where, oh well. Wheres my breaker? :nuts:

J

JRB

mack said:
what are you talking about?

I think that the thing is warped, it isnt going any where, oh well. Wheres my breaker? :nuts:
meh...nevermind...I just caught on that it's your sig. Clean the chain and it will come right apart. When they are junked up, they are hard to get off. A tooth brush and some wd40 and you'll get it off. What kind of link is it??? The kmc ones aren't really quick links, so to speak.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
i never use power links, ive broken two in a grand total of 15 minutes of riding them. i love sram chains, hate the powerlink.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
those things KMC uses on the 510HX chains are little bitches.
I don't think they are designed to break apart. Just quick connect. All kmc links I have used must be broken with a tool.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
mack said:
This thing is a peice of crap, how do you get it apart. I know how it works, but it seems as you cant push it apart with your hands as it is way to stiff, is there somthing that i am missing? :mad:
haha use your teeth. :D