Quantcast

The Offical Sb/BV House Sale Thread

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
The time has come my little friends, to try to sell the house...

Not that anyone is probably that interested, but I am, so here is the offical thread of trying to sell our house in a less than perfect market. I am curious as to how many showings and days/weeks/months it will take. Progress to date:

START
Jan 28th - Paperwork is signed and the house is offically on listed on MLS (local advertising will not go out until the following week of Feb. 2nd)

Jan. 31st - Showing #1

Feb. 1st - Showing #2 (a couple drove down from Richmond on Super Bowl Sunday to see only our house b/c of pics online)

Reactions:
Showing #1 - Our house is in their "top five" and it is "beautifully staged." They will let us know within a week if it's TCO. Our realtor has to inform them our house is, in fact, not staged.

Showing #2 - They loved the house, loved everything, and started planning what they would do with the lot. They want to put in an offer (and at asking price, by the sounds); their house, however, is not currently on the market.

So, nothing definite yet, but it feels pretty good to have such positive reactions and such quick interest. That's all for now! :weee:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
That sounds pretty promising if you already had 2 showings.

During the winter months the market really slows down here but it was busy all fall. My wife is a realitor and only has one listing now, I guess that is good sonce all the other ones have just closed or are closing soon :banana:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Why Do you need to sell ?
BV's done with school, so we are anxious to move on up to bigger and better places/opportunities! Greenville was fun for a while, but I get bored easily and need a change. Hopefully he can get a sweet job that will allow for international relocation. I want adventure!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
BV's done with school, so we are anxious to move on up to bigger and better places/opportunities! Greenville was fun for a while, but I get bored easily and need a change. Hopefully he can get a sweet job that will allow for international relocation. I want adventure!
Just have BV grow a cheesy stash, wear a beret and talk in a fake French accent! Tell him piimb and your good to go! No need to move you just built the house for Chrissakes!

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good luck on the sale. Some houses have a place, as we are quickly learning. Presentation is key.

We are trying to buy and have been for about 6 months now. I had a contract drawn up on a house and decided (after spending $400 on repairs) that it might end up a money pit, so we canceled the deal.

90% of what we have been looking at are bank owned properties that are about 40% bellow assessed value, but 2007 values are crazy to begin with.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Good luck on the sale. Some houses have a place, as we are quickly learning. Presentation is key.

We are trying to buy and have been for about 6 months now. I had a contract drawn up on a house and decided (after spending $400 on repairs) that it might end up a money pit, so we canceled the deal.

90% of what we have been looking at are bank owned properties that are about 40% bellow assessed value, but 2007 values are crazy to begin with.
I really hope you mean $4000 or even $40,000.
If you are bailing on a "money pit" because you had to put $400 into it then that is just dumb.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ummm... $400 is a RETARDED amount of money to put into repairs on a house you DON'T OWN. :clue:
:stupid:

A bank won't do repairs on a home. There was a small amount (until I dug into it) of dry rot in the upstairs bathroom and the crawl space was a real mess. I replace 5 solid oak floorboards, fixed the drywall in the bathroom, replace the door jam, and replace the trim on one side. I also replaced a 4' square section of ceiling in the kitchen, textured, and primed. I also replaced 6 window panes.

The crawl space would have been $1000, the bathroom I did the work in would have needed to be gutted and refinished, and the floors downstairs needed work.

I did almost all the work needed to pass inspection (minus the crawlspace), but looking at the monthly payment + a full bathroom refinish, I didn't feel comfortable with the total cost. The kitchen needed work, there was a LOT of paint both outside and in, needed landscaping, you name it.

So all in all it would have been about $40k worth of work. Not bad considering the house would be worth about $325k after spending $250k total, but my house budget is $220k. It sucks, but I did learn a lot.

<edit> I got a sweet bunch of tools out of the deal.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
The woman from showing #3 is considering an offer, and is taking the weekend to think about it. :fingers crossed smiley:

We also had a fun home tour video made this morning!

:weee:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Where the hell has BV been lately?
What have you done with him?
Do buyers know he is buried in the back yard?

Ignore my questions if the zipper on the skinsuit is just stuck.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What have you done with him?
Do buyers know he is buried in the back yard?

Ignore my questions if the zipper on the skinsuit is just stuck.
I too would sell quick before the body starts to stink. I'm guessing he's in the subfloor because it's too hard to dig in the winter.

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
The woman from showing #3 is considering an offer, and is taking the weekend to think about it. :fingers crossed smiley:

We also had a fun home tour video made this morning!

:weee:
Darn nice house, love the yard.

Funny thing, I too live on Blue Heron Drive. Only mine is about 800 miles north of yours.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BV no longer has a job that he loathes where he feels compelled to spend every possible minute avoiding work in order to compensate for the cretins that inflict themselves on him.

:banana:

Don't worry, though, I'm busily deleting posts anyway.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good luck on the sale! I looked at at least 50 houses before buying one, most had been on the market for a very long time with only minimal price reductions. The one I bought had only been on the market 8 days - the owners had a great house at a reasonable price so it sold in 12 days.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Showing #4 - Sunday Feb. 15th

Feedback: House is beautiful, but maybe "too much yard" for them.

Still no negatives... buy it people! :weee: