Quantcast

The Offical Sb/BV House Sale Thread

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
you never put down those pom-poms do you? you must be a realtor...this bike parts thing is just a cover, right?
I do home inspections, also a General contractor/plumber and then have the bike biz on the side, so I'm dealing with R.E transactions on a daily basis. The deals are out there. I wish I had a few extra bucks to buy some property, rent for a few years and sell once the market is back on it's feet. Hey Tim, now is your opportunity to move to Northern CA :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I do home inspections, also a General contractor/plumber and then have the bike biz on the side, so I'm dealing with R.E transactions on a daily basis. The deals are out there. I wish I had a few extra bucks to buy some property, rent for a few years and sell once the market is back on it's feet. Hey Tim, now is your opportunity to move to Northern CA :D
There are deals, but getting a loan is near impossible. So even if you have 20% or more down, it's still a challenge for the average Joe.

I have VA backing, good credit, a house that was 15% bellow accessed value that was built in 2005 and was bank owned. It still took 6 weeks to secure funding.

If you have cash, it's easy. Otherwise, good luck.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
The realtor just called Stephan and said she has two offers being drawn up! Hopefully this is true. She also said tonight’s showing is a 2nd showing, so she told the showing agent that there are two offers in the works, so they would need to act quickly if they did like it.

This is me trying to not get excited…

Edit: sorry for the excessive usage of the word 'showing' in that sentence.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Cool graph... I am glad that hasn't been our experience, though. We seem fairly consistent... last week was week 8 and we had either our most or 2nd most showings/week.

Oh, and feedback from our other showing last week (that BV forgot to tell me): liked it lots, on her list, uncertain about kitchen size as she loves baking.

:weee:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Cool graph... I am glad that hasn't been our experience, though. We seem fairly consistent... last week was week 8 and we had either our most or 2nd most showings/week.
Thanks. I'm curious to hears your stats. Our biggest client (at the ad agency) is real estate.

Don't overprice...

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Feedback from yesterday's realtor/buyer: house is beautiful, it will sell soon; buyer may prefer garage but is keeping house on the list.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Thats not too bad really, when i put offers on property my first offer is usually at least 20-30k bellow the asking.

It's a psychological ploy..... Of course they will say no, but what it does is to give their inner assessment of their house's value a shake and introduce a lil bit of doubt "Oh sh!t, am I asking too much? Maybe the market is lower than I thought".
Makes negotiating easier for me after that.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Thats not too bad really, when i put offers on property my first offer is usually at least 20-30k bellow the asking.

It's a psychological ploy..... Of course they will say no, but what it does is to give their inner assessment of their house's value a shake and introduce a lil bit of doubt "Oh sh!t, am I asking too much? Maybe the market is lower than I thought".
Makes negotiating easier for me after that.
Yeah, well are you doing it on a house that's only on the market for $144k?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
In this market I don't think 10% below asking is an offensive first offer. Did you counter or simply tell them to F off?

You have a modest, entry level house built ~3yrs ago. The target buyer will be first-time owner looking for a fair price in a time when financing is tough to get and a higher % down will be needed.

15 showings, 1 offer on a house located someplace you don't want to stay. Look at what you have in it, what you need to get out of it (want is irrelevant, it's only worth what someone will pay) and get it sold. Life's too short to put on hold for an extra $7-8k.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
We countered; we're not willing to take that much off the price. A little, sure, but it's a good price for the house, we're getting plenty of traffic, and it's not urgent that we sell immediately; heck, I'm not even out of school for another month.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
We countered; we're not willing to take that much off the price. A little, sure, but it's a good price for the house, we're getting plenty of traffic, and it's not urgent that we sell immediately; heck, I'm not even out of school for another month.
just be wary of the taint that a property acquires the longer its listed, rational or not.

did you set the price, or are you working w/ a realtor?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
just be wary of the taint that a property acquires the longer its listed, rational or not.

did you set the price, or are you working w/ a realtor?
1. We are working w/ a realtor who said the price was good and that we can most likely get it or close.
2. Comps in the area are selling for 99-100% of asking. Our market has not been hit like most of the rest of the country.
3. It's only been on the market for 9 weeks.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Showing #16 was a couple hours ago. These were the people who made low-ball offer... apparently they never saw the house, and decided to come visit now.

Showing #17 - tonight from 6-7p

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Showing #16 - Low-ball offer people are still interested.
Showing #17 - These were the people who have already come back once. They have now seen the house three times and said they were making an offer once. Someone is indecisive. :bonk:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Showing #18 & 19 happened this weekend. One of the people came through for the 4th freakin' time!!
Showing #20 was today. The couple loved it and are looking at a house to buy for their parents. The woman called me anal to our realtor.
Showing #21 is tomorrow from 1 to 2pm.

I really wanted an offer before BV's graduation, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen by next Friday. Doh!