Quantcast

the office politico and the joy of hypocrisy

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
so ive got this coworker who is has got the 'ghey' for poker to the point that he has tournaments and what not (like 30 plus people).
a friend of his knows that and asks him to either host a tournament or to borrow his stuff so that he can have the tourney with the catch being, oh by the way we dont want you to play (insert littany of reasons here). understandably so the guy gets pissed about basically being used. here comes the hypocrisy, this past winter i had the opportunity to go snowboarding and stay on the cheap, said coworker (sits immediately adjacent to me btw) overheard this opportunity and was quick to invite himself for future events, yet for the past 2 or 3 years he has not extended said invite to me. hypocrisy act 1

on another occasion he was going to submit an OFI (opporunity for improvement...cost saving measure) about smokers because they are wasting time on the clock. however, ive watched the past year and half where he has done his mba homework on the clock more times than i can count. hypocrisy act 2.

im not perfect and am not saying i dont do, or have done hypocritcal things, but he has been RAILING/VENTING/ARGUING for a solid week about the poker thing, and i just dont know how much longer i can hold my tongue.

rant over

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
punch him in the face..... and once he is on the ground, spit on him.... it allways works

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
This is easy, don't live your life thru work. When 5pm comes along go home and live with the real people. Don't play the game.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
sanjuro said:
dont make friends at work...
That's always beey my philosophy.

"I come here to make as much money as possible for as little work as possible. I am not here to listen to you talk about your kids or your cheating spouse. And NO, I don't want to have a drink after work!"