Quantcast

The office

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Scrubs is great, but I can't watch The Office. Its just too painful. Its kinda like Threes Company, in that I get so embarrassed for the people in the show that I can't watch.

J

JRB

Oh, I get it. I didn't realize previously that you had started one of these lame ass threads, FT.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there are bits of _The Office_ which are pretty funny, but i've not seen a whole lot. plus, i haven't seen the original, which supposedly rules. ricky gervais is involved w/ the US show, though, so hopefully it's not too off the mark.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
pixelninja said:
Scrubs is great, but I can't watch The Office. Its just too painful. Its kinda like Threes Company, in that I get so embarrassed for the people in the show that I can't watch.
Yep. Scrubs is good, office is BAD...the jokes are so stereotypically obvious. They tried to advertise it as an office space, but office space was subtle and smart, this is neither...the basketball episode (I keep trying to watch it hoping to see a glimpse of office space) was horrible.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
I like the office, and a guy I know from school is the temp. :D

I'm worried that it won't last since the humor is pretty sophisticated and not the ADD fast-paced stupidity on most TV now and I'm afraid most people here won't get it...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
dude the office is one of the worse shows i've ever seen

scrubs is funny as hell

scotty2hotty

Chimp
Apr 15, 2005
Sacramento area
US "Office"...terrible. UK "Office"...brilliant. I quit watching most TV b/c for some reason the US is unable to use subtle humor...all jokes or situations are form fed and shoved down your throat.

Gotta love the cartoon network stuff though...sealab, aquateen and home movies.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
scotty2hotty said:
US "Office"...terrible. UK "Office"...brilliant. I quit watching most TV b/c for some reason the US is unable to use subtle humor...all jokes or situations are form fed and shoved down your throat.

Gotta love the cartoon network stuff though...sealab, aquateen and home movies.
you going to put down the Worm? ;)

Oh, and happy first post. Welcome to the Monkey. :)

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
ok, I hate to admit this with this crowd, but I really like watching Scrubs/The Office. My roommate and I will watch both shows each tues night and just laugh our butts off. my 2 cents.