Quantcast

The "official" complaint thread.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's like a rusty trombone but with more facial hair and off-key singing involved, I hear

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Why not just make 10 the loudest setting? I don't get this 1 better BS. I would want it to go to 100 if it was up to me. Currently I operate on the assumption that 3 is 30. I asked Mesa to make me knobs that go to 100. Those fuckers just sent me a whole new set of knobs. I admit it is nice to have a extra set of knobs for free. I just cannot invent a scenario where I am going to bust a knob. "I just cannot invent a scenario where I am going to bust a knob." Oh wait I just thought of one.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why not just make 10 the loudest setting? I don't get this 1 better BS. I would want it to go to 100 if it was up to me. Currently I operate on the assumption that 3 is 30. I asked Mesa to make me knobs that go to 100. Those fuckers just sent me a whole new set of knobs. I admit it is nice to have a extra set of knobs for free. I just cannot invent a scenario where I am going to bust a knob. "I just cannot invent a scenario where I am going to bust a knob." Oh wait I just thought of one.

The correct unit is simply gain with dBs being the most appropriate scale.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The correct unit is simply gain with dBs being the most appropriate scale.
I tried to explain that to my neighbor. He was having none of it. I finally figured out the riff from NIB. Not the whole song. After a couple of hours I can see how that might be annoying, most certainly at 50.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Teams app on my phone when it logs me out right as I'm trying to join a meeting. Then I have to type my long corporate password on a phone keyboard. Then it has to text me a code for the dual factor authentication BS.

I long for the day I can see how far I can throw my work phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Teams app on my phone when it logs me out right as I'm trying to join a meeting. Then I have to type my long corporate password on a phone keyboard. Then it has to text me a code for the dual factor authentication BS.

I long for the day I can see how far I can throw my work phone.
I've always felt that punting the phone like a football might be more satisfactory.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've always felt that punting the phone like a football might be more satisfactory.
Nah, with the downslope below our house I'm pretty confident I can get a good bit of distance with a throw. I do have a lack of suitable chunky rocks for it to land in though. I wouldn't want it to land on something soft enough to cushion the landing...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nah, with the downslope below our house I'm pretty confident I can get a good bit of distance with a throw. I do have a lack of suitable chunky rocks for it to land in though. I wouldn't want it to land on something soft enough to cushion the landing...
How about a trebuchet off the top of Mt Evans? Lots of rocks up there...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
USPS doing the business with this parcel, originally scheduled for Saturday 28th delivery, it's been AWOL since the 27th.

Capture.JPG

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My complaint of the day is why do people call you, but when you offer to help with whatever they called about they suddenly say hold on I just need to finish this other thing. Like dude, screw off and call me back when its a real problem.

Why the fuck can't people figure out their cars headlights. Turn the fuckers on in the rain!!!! :rant: :rant: oh and by the way daylight running lights do not turn on most cars tail lights
Man I've been complaining about this for a long time. Daytime running lights on most cars are now as bright as the low beams, especially some of those LED lights.

And with all the infotainment screens and electronic dashes, there's little to let the driver know that their headlights aren't on; on older cars, as least the dash wouldn't light up if you didn't have the headlights on. Its pretty common around here to count multiple cars driving around at night with no lights on.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My complaint of the day is why do people call you, but when you offer to help with whatever they called about they suddenly say hold on I just need to finish this other thing. Like dude, screw off and call me back when its a real problem.

Man I've been complaining about this for a long time. Daytime running lights on most cars are now as bright as the low beams, especially some of those LED lights.

And with all the infotainment screens and electronic dashes, there's little to let the driver know that their headlights aren't on; on older cars, as least the dash wouldn't light up if you didn't have the headlights on. Its pretty common around here to count multiple cars driving around at night with no lights on.

When I worked Technical support for CNC controls I would get a lot of calls from Eastern Europeans who had recently immigrated to Canada. Every single conversation was them explaining their problem, me proposing a solution, they in return would tell me I was wrong. The only solution they would agree to were things they already tried but didn't work.

It made for a lot of circular conversations.