Quantcast

The "official" complaint thread.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nobody told me it was national taco day.

You're all off my festivus card list and I'm airing this grievance early.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Xmas TV commercials and films have started airing 2 months before the nonsense.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pablo Escobars Porsche has been sold. My Christmas is ruined.... I am keeping what I bought you guys....

We bought it for you jdcamb

We bought it for you

I guess we can all get our money back now, at least I will be able to afford that surgery I needed.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We bought it for you jdcamb

We bought it for you

I guess we can all get our money back now, at least I will be able to afford that surgery I needed.
Your friend from Estonia called. I gave him all my banking info. He said He would take care of my donation to your surgery. Thanks dude....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Assholes who don't know how to merge onto the interstate at the speed limit.

Today's moron braked at the merge to the extent that following them I had to stop so I didn't get squashed by the semi truck coming down the road. Then had to merge from a near standstill.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Today's moron braked at the merge to the extent that following them I had to stop so I didn't get squashed by the semi truck coming down the road. Then had to merge from a near standstill.
THIS

And how about those that merge doing like 20 under...only after have they fucked over the live lane, do they find the accelerator pedal and b line it for the left lane. :butcher:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
For those who do the Killing, so I don't have to. Elk sausage for dinner. No complaints here... Peppers, Onions, and Shitake Mushrooms.. Leftover wine and butter. The real shit. Fake butter is clogging your arteries. You have to use so much more for it to be real or work...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
For those who do the Killing, so I don't have to. Elk sausage for dinner. No complaints here... Peppers, Onions, and Shitake Mushrooms.. Leftover wine and butter. The real shit. Fake butter is clogging your arteries. You have to use so much more for it to be real or work...
Fake butter is just cooking oil. Change my mind.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My trusty old crosscut handsaw came to it's end after I hit a hidden broken screw. Was at Lowes to pick up some lumber for trim I decided to replace it. They don't carry handsaws anymore. WTF

Also the Christmas music was loud and annoying.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
My trusty old crosscut handsaw came to it's end after I hit a hidden broken screw. Was at Lowes to pick up some lumber for trim I decided to replace it. They don't carry handsaws anymore. WTF

Find a new hardware store! Big box hardware stores still carry them in Canada…

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They don't carry handsaws anymore. WTF

Same thing with bike shops, only a matter of time before you can't buy non-electrified bikes there...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Reminds me of the insanely stupid road design in NY/CT with stop signs at the end of on-ramps here and there...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

What is even better is the numerous assholes around here driving slow in the left lane who suddenly need to cross 3 lanes of traffic to exit and will come to a complete stop on the interstate waiting for gaps to open up. Of course the only way that happens if the whole fucking interstate comes to a stop to let them over.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
THIS

And how about those that merge doing like 20 under...only after have they fucked over the live lane, do they find the accelerator pedal and b line it for the left lane. :butcher:
My observation is that this behavior is 1,000+% up since the covid started. We have so many inexperienced, indecisive drivers on the roads who just destroy the flow of the traffic. Making a panic full stop when merging to 65+mph traffic should be rewarded by an instant suspension of driving privileges.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Same thing with bike shops, only a matter of time before you can't buy non-electrified bikes there...
It’s as if they are supplying a demand or something? All the holdouts have done so well historically on the wheels topic, right?

I never see any of my preferred DH bikes shops either.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
well to be fair when big hoops came out the frame geo and kinematics for them (for those who even dared try full suspension-lookin at you, niner) were so bad that they deserved the ridicule...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
It’s as if they are supplying a demand or something? All the holdouts have done so well historically on the wheels topic, right?

I never see any of my preferred DH bikes shops either.
To be fair, supply and demand did not work with the wheel size debate or in the bike industry in general. A lot of my friends would have been happy to stay on 26" bikes and bought new ones as long as they existed. Eventually there were no options anymore, so they first did hang on their old bikes for longer and then either caved in or, like I did/do, buy used ones.
Demand in the bike industry is strangely partially driven by the media. From bike shop folks I know that the demand for certain tires, brakes, clothing items and such surges after a favorable test is published e.g. in the German BIKE print magazine. The manufactures seem to get a heads up from the mag telling them about the good test, so they prepare by offering some shops (their power sellers) higher stocks of said product in advance of the rush. Buyer manipulation works!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

At the local big box today. Feast your eyes! :P

F8185154-6339-458C-9ED8-D07C2730229A.jpeg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What is even better is the numerous assholes around here driving slow in the left lane who suddenly need to cross 3 lanes of traffic to exit and will come to a complete stop on the interstate waiting for gaps to open up. Of course the only way that happens if the whole fucking interstate comes to a stop to let them over.
where the F do you people live?! Never seen any of that shit. Plenty of left lane swoop across 3 lanes of traffic in one smooth motion to exit (dangerously) though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
where the F do you people live?! Never seen any of that shit. Plenty of left lane swoop across 3 lanes of traffic in one smooth motion to exit (dangerously) though.

People in the Northwest are hands down the worst drivers in the country. Every once in a while I think maybe it is just how people drive today, but then I visit back east or make a road trip down into Utah and I once again encounter drivers that aren't all complete idiots. It seems to change as soon as you cross the border into Oregon. Perhaps brain damage is a pre-requisite to earn a license around here.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
** Vermont drivers going 60 in the left lanes of Mass. interstates have entered the chat **

It is worse here, because everyone does it. It is most often a lot easier to navigate the right lane if you have room to dodge all the semis.

It isn't unusual on early weekend mornings to see the left lane at near full capacity to 10mph under the limit while other lanes are wide open. Maybe people here think it is a declaration of their political beliefs.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It is worse here, because everyone does it. It is most often a lot easier to navigate the right lane if you have room to dodge all the semis.

It isn't unusual on early weekend mornings to see the left lane at near full capacity to 10mph under the limit while other lanes are wide open. Maybe people here think it is a declaration of their political beliefs.
This is *exactly* what it's like driving 'round here. The general wisdom is "if you want to get there faster, drive in the right lane." :disgust:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
To be fair, supply and demand did not work with the wheel size debate or in the bike industry in general. A lot of my friends would have been happy to stay on 26" bikes and bought new ones as long as they existed. Eventually there were no options anymore, so they first did hang on their old bikes for longer and then either caved in or, like I did/do, buy used ones.
Demand in the bike industry is strangely partially driven by the media. From bike shop folks I know that the demand for certain tires, brakes, clothing items and such surges after a favorable test is published e.g. in the German BIKE print magazine. The manufactures seem to get a heads up from the mag telling them about the good test, so they prepare by offering some shops (their power sellers) higher stocks of said product in advance of the rush. Buyer manipulation works!
That's basically where I'm at. Only bikes that are 26" wheels now are slopestyle, dirt jumpers, or kids bikes.

People in the Northwest are hands down the worst drivers in the country. Every once in a while I think maybe it is just how people drive today, but then I visit back east or make a road trip down into Utah and I once again encounter drivers that aren't all complete idiots. It seems to change as soon as you cross the border into Oregon. Perhaps brain damage is a pre-requisite to earn a license around here.
People in the Champlain Valley drive much worse than they did a few decades ago. They don't stop at stop signs, run red lights, drive ten under where there's no passing, then ten over when passing opens up, and drift across lanes because they're fucking around with cellular phones.

There's no enforcement worthy of the name save for latino and black drivers.