Quantcast

The "official" complaint thread.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Apparently Netflix doesn't clear out your payment info when you cancel a subscription.

And when you cancel a subscription, you can no longer login and check your profile items, without first adding a subscription back.

Fack right off with that horseshit.
Wait,what? You canceled you’re Sub. So no,you cannot log in and check your profile anymore. What is it you want?

Avy

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wait,what? You canceled you’re Sub. So no,you cannot log in and check your profile anymore. What is it you want?

Avy
When you cancel your subscription, you essentially lose access to your account. However, they retain your payment information for some absurd reason.

So, you're left with two ways to change your payment info: 1) subscribe again (stupid) or 2) talk with their customer service.

The problem I had, is that my account was comprised somehow (yes, tied to my email and with a long complex pass phrase so it's a little worrisome). So of course, whoever/whatever it was just clicked subscribe and reused my already entered payment info.

This brings up two problems from my point of view. Why doesn't Netflix offer some sort of multi-factor authentication or at the very least notify about when the service is accessed from a new location? And after an account is unsubscribed, left dormant for an extended period of time, why would it let any joe blow random who logs in to click the subscribe button without some sort of payment verification? Or better yet just don't store that information!

Le sigh.

When you cancel your subscription, you essentially lose access to your account. However, they retain your payment information for some absurd reason.

So, you're left with two ways to change your payment info: 1) subscribe again (stupid) or 2) talk with their customer service.

The problem I had, is that my account was comprised somehow (yes, tied to my email and with a long complex pass phrase so it's a little worrisome). So of course, whoever/whatever it was just clicked subscribe and reused my already entered payment info.

This brings up two problems from my point of view. Why doesn't Netflix offer some sort of multi-factor authentication or at the very least notify about when the service is accessed from a new location? And after an account is unsubscribed, left dormant for an extended period of time, why would it let any joe blow random who logs in to click the subscribe button without some sort of payment verification? Or better yet just don't store that information!

Le sigh.
Send your lawyer after them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Send your lawyer after them.
It wouldn't be worth it, plus they did refund me for the entire time period from when it first happened to when I noticed on my bank statement.

It just seems backwards to me to keep that information about users who are no longer customers.

I'm sure they chalk it up internally to having payment handy for when people regret their decision after cancelling or hope they never notice when something bogus happens.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I signed up for 3 months of Sakura Crate, monthly snack foodstuffs from Japan.

Somehow this got renewed again and again despite me not asking for it. Finally contested the latest charge as I don't want more boxes.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Toilet paper without perforations is absolute garbage. And when coupled with a dispenser that has no “teeth” to assist in a clean tear of the proper amount of shit tickets for which to wipe, is utter bullshit. This shit should be outlawed.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
**** me, Tahoe gets snow and we get freaking rain in Alaska.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Meniere's disease is common with you old dudes. I had/have it and thankfully is easily controlled.
I has the wicked bad tinnitus, so bad I cant sleep at night without supplemental white noise or some serious use of sleep aids. Hearing shift in the ears caused by exposure to too much LOUD NOISE over time and such. VA gave me hearing aids, which are cool because now I can listen to Judas Priest and SLF in staff meetings over the Bluetooth, but they dont help for the tinnitus much at all. Going to have to look into this fancy new disease.

TL/DR?

JohnE hates staff meetings.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fkin plank sliders.

It took S and I 3 hours to drive to Leadville this morning. First time we've ever tried to drive in ski traffic, never again if we can avoid it. An hour to Idaho Springs - which is normally ~17mins and then another 50 minutes to get up to the tunnel.

1hr 35mins coming home, that's for 85 miles on mostly 65mpg interstate or highway.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Fkin plank sliders.

It took S and I 3 hours to drive to Leadville this morning. First time we've ever tried to drive in ski traffic, never again if we can avoid it. An hour to Idaho Springs - which is normally ~17mins and then another 50 minutes to get up to the tunnel.

1hr 35mins coming home, that's for 85 miles on mostly 65mpg interstate or highway.
Resort skiing is basically completely ruined in my lifetime.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Fkin plank sliders.

This is why I only ski midweek...just not worth the traffic.

Or Monarch or one of the small independants.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What's not appealing about this after spending $300 on a surge priced day ticket.
I'm actually semi-contemplating getting an alpine touring setup for such Saturdays as last. I think I'd honestly rather skin up the mountain and do one or two runs rather than wait in lines.

(Got to be up on most every Saturday because the kids are in Devo, which admittedly is of our own choice. But otherwise they wouldn't get in consistent time.)