Quantcast

The official "I'm pulling an all-nighter...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
because of finals or other various reasons" thread.

If you fall into the ^above^ category, please join me for a night of fun and excitement! :think:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
amateur said:
I'm up in the air. Depends on if I buckle down and start working hard or continue screwing around on the internet.
No kidding. I have 4 more pages to do in 12 hours, but its THICK material and at this point I really have no desire to go to bed. Wouldn't be so bad if I had realized that the prof already set up the paper's general order and I didn't have to re-write part of it.

Transcend, I'm glad I'm not doing code anymore, there is nothing like debugging at 4:30 in the morning still trying to find out :redhot: wtf is wrong:redhot: .

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
I have my political sociology final (complete and total, utterly worthless bull sh_ _) tomorrow at 9:10 am. It's too bad my prof is such a blowhard. Why do they insist on engineers taking these "humanities" classes?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
amateur said:
I have my political sociology final (complete and total, utterly worthless bull sh_ _) tomorrow at 9:10 am. It's too bad my prof is such a blowhard. Why do they insist on engineers taking these "humanities" classes?
Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with the humanities... I sympathize though, please explain to me why someone who's going to be teaching history should give a f*ck about about biology, and I will gladly take biology.

What type of engineering are you doing? I've been both a mechanical and an electrical engineer major before I quit the program entirely.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
why in order to destroy your beautiful logical engineering with humanities chaos... You must be draged down amoungst the beasts from your lofty hights. That's why. ;)

yessss that was a driveling drunken statement... But it's ok, it's late here and I'm drunk! :p

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
kinghami3 said:
please explain to me why someone who's going to be teaching history should give a f*ck about about biology, and I will gladly take biology.
Well, environmental history is important and it is important to understand the biology behind many of the functions that are active in environmental history.....I tried, it kind of makes sense.

I'm sitting here watching my big toe turn black and blue. I got run over by my friend's car. She didn't believe she was on my toe so she kept her car there for a minute...I'm hoping it ain't broke, but the toe nail is split down the middle. This may suck.

The Ito

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
ito said:
Well, environmental history is important and it is important to understand the biology behind many of the functions that are active in environmental history.....I tried, it kind of makes sense.

I'm sitting here watching my big toe turn black and blue. I got run over by my friend's car. She didn't believe she was on my toe so she kept her car there for a minute...I'm hoping it ain't broke, but the toe nail is split down the middle. This may suck.

The Ito
Sick, hope your toe gets better soon. Oh yeah, and as a history prof, I can almost guarantee that I won't ever be teaching anything about environmental history.

Dave, way to go on the drunk post, I'd be doing the same if it weren't for finals. I tried drinking a little the other night but it didn't play out so well on the final the next morning... I just get too tired to study.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
kinghami3 said:
Sick, hope your toe gets better soon. Oh yeah, and as a history prof, I can almost guarantee that I won't ever be teaching anything about environmental history.

Dave, way to go on the drunk post, I'd be doing the same if it weren't for finals. I tried drinking a little the other night but it didn't play out so well on the final the next morning... I just get too tired to study.
As an Environmental Studies major I can almost guarantee that you should be teaching some environmental history at some point. It is very important to much of the world's history.

I'm hoping the toe gets better, it is swelling nicely, though I am icing it.

I went out to a pub at 1am tonight, the PM of ireland was supposed to be there. Lots of Irish, no PM. I had 4 pints in 20 minutes.....yummy.

Then they had last call.....damn

The Ito

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
ito said:
As an Environmental Studies major I can almost guarantee that you should be teaching some environmental history at some point. It is very important to much of the world's history.
Well, this is college level and I will most likely specialize in religious history in Eurasia. Beyond oil, there's not a lot ecological impact that I can think of that has anything to do with the topic. But I agree, it is something that one should learn in order to get a well-rounded education, I just don't want to :)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
kinghami3 said:
No kidding. I have 4 more pages to do in 12 hours, but its THICK material and at this point I really have no desire to go to bed. Wouldn't be so bad if I had realized that the prof already set up the paper's general order and I didn't have to re-write part of it.

Transcend, I'm glad I'm not doing code anymore, there is nothing like debugging at 4:30 in the morning still trying to find out :redhot: wtf is wrong:redhot: .
This is about the only reason i dont miss college...

Transcend prob isnt debugging rather just screaming because his .css isnt looking right :evil:

Are you guys still up? Im sitting at work freshly rested, with a bowl of fresh fruit and a red bull on ice :love:

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
manhattanprjkt83 said:
This is about the only reason i dont miss college...

Transcend prob isnt debugging rather just screaming because his .css isnt looking right :evil:

Are you guys still up? Im sitting at work freshly rested, with a bowl of fresh fruit and a red bull on ice :love:
Yes. Still wasting time on the internet as well. I have a Monster in the fridge, but I've decided come 8:30, I'm switching from coffee to beer.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
amateur said:
bad my prof is such a blowhard. Why do they insist on engineers taking these "humanities" classes?
Never understood that either, wanted to kill people when i was sitting in a Poetry class while in school for Computer Science.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
amateur said:
5:09am...just thought I'd check in...
Yeah, 5:10 is about the time I took a 15 minute nap and woke up at 7:00. I feel dirty. I have about a page left and its due at 1:00, so no worries. I powered through a pint of ice cream and a bottle of gatorade, still have a Rock Star that I'm considering downing, might wait until the group presentation though. I'm off too the library... why don't we have a 24 hour library with this kind of tuition is beyond me...

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
johnbryanpeters said:
Because engineers have to deal effectively with other people during their careers?
Not the answer I wanted to hear. Isn't that what my "Technical Communications" class is for? What about "Ehtical Considerations of Technology"?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
kinghami3 said:

*small weak groan* Oh god my head.... Cognac hangovers suck. :stupid: :bomb: :ouch: :dead:

J

JRB

amateur said:
Yes. Still wasting time on the internet as well. I have a Monster in the fridge, but I've decided come 8:30, I'm switching from coffee to beer.
hahaha - did you see my post this morning about the dude drinking a beer at 7:30??? Also - the guy getting field tested at 9:30 Saturday AM.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
i have decided that falling asleep in the library unintentionally and waking up by a shear stroke of luck not in your bed 16 min before your test starts sucks balls.

I have also decided thermo blows hard.