Quantcast

The Official Iron Horse Sunday / DW-Link Tech. & Tuning Section

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
UPDATE:

Guys (and Gals) - I had a pretty bad wreck during a practice run for a race over the weekend, so I apologize for being a bit behind on things. I'll have answers for all of you by Tuesday night.

Take Care,

S.K.C.

macduck

Chimp
Jan 4, 2007
I'm wanting to paint my 06 sunday which i've had for more than a year now from yellow to another colour. I'm based in Scotland and was just gonna do it myself as have experiance in this. I remember quite some time ago reading that it could invalidate my warranty however i ain't sure when my warranty runs out not to mention whether or not there is a registered ironhorse painter in scotland.

Any help would be appreciated.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Thanks for answering my question for the linkage-kit, but one part of this question is still unanswered: will it be available in Germany?
Another question which I have is: will I also need new reducer hardware for the shock? I hope you can tell me that. Thanks

For the problem with the link, I can just say sorry for the bad pictures, but they looked better on the camera!
Anyhow, I don´t think that I´m missing a spacer, because on the left side there´s no spacer between the link and the frame, too!
You can also see that the "blue caps"( sorry, but I don´t know the exact name in English) fit right into the link on both sides!
So I really don´t know what´s the cause for the space and how I can get it right. Perhaps someone from IH will read this and can help me!

But nevertheless a big "Thanks!" for trying to help me!
Iron Horse ships globally so I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to get the linkage kit ins Deutscheland. :biggrin:

There should be spacers in the lower linkage of the 06' Sundays... It sounds like you are missing the spacers that are supposed to go in between the linkage and the frame. I'll shoot a copy of this to Mike and see what he thinks.

Any suggestions on setting up an E.13 SRS on an 06? Right now the chain is rubbing on the backplate, the inside of the lower roller assembly, and the upper guide is rubbing the inside of the bashguard. I had 1 spacer between the mounts and the backplate, but that pushed it even further so now I have no spacers. I am running the recommended 83x128mm BB.
Funk - do you still need help with this? If you do try shooting an email to Jonas over at e.thirteen. That guy knows his sh!t. :biggrin:

support@e13components.com

If you are running Diabolus cranks you should have 1 spacer on the non-drive side and 2 on the drive side.

I'm wanting to paint my 06 sunday which i've had for more than a year now from yellow to another colour. I'm based in Scotland and was just gonna do it myself as have experiance in this. I remember quite some time ago reading that it could invalidate my warranty however i ain't sure when my warranty runs out not to mention whether or not there is a registered ironhorse painter in scotland.

Hmmm... if you do it yourself you will void the warranty on your frame. Class Act Paint and Powder out of Portland Oregon here in the U.S. do powder coating and paint work for Iron Horse that is up to spec and therefore covered by warranty.

If you like I could contact Leanne and see how much it would cost to ship over just the frame. (and maybe work out a good price for you) A strip and re-paint for a Sudnay frame is usually around $200 USD.

Let me know what you think.

MikeL

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
LI NY
Iron Horse ships globally so I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to get the linkage kit ins Deutscheland. :biggrin:

There should be spacers in the lower linkage of the 06' Sundays... It sounds like you are missing the spacers that are supposed to go in between the linkage and the frame. I'll shoot a copy of this to Mike and see what he thinks.
I have to say S.K.C is right, it looks like your missing the one spacer. Did you buy the bike new? If not, has the pivots been replaced recently?

we do have the 07 kits available, it includes all new bearings and hardware as well as the new upper linkages and lower link. This allows you to run 30x10 shock hardware so there is no chance of any shock play and you'll be less likely to bend pins. The kit retails for 360$ + shipping.

I am having some computer issues here, they think my hard drive died, so I am using another comp and have limited access to email. However, they told me it will be fixed shortly.

Drop me a line at : MikeL@ironhorsebikes.com I can get you a shipping quote and can answer any other questions you may have :cheers:

-Mike L
Warranty/Tech/Customer Service

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland

Argos racing cycles in the UK do the resprays for for the importer of Ironhorse (and trek and santa cruz) so those guys know what they are doing. It would not affect your warrenty so long as it is assembled correctly etc.

Aussie DH.

Chimp
Jun 30, 2007
It seems that there are a few others that agreed with me about the total lack of support here in Aus... Is there going to be any response in regards to my comment on the bottom of page 50 in this thread? Im sure that there are a few people that would like to hear the answer.

Cheers again.

Eggzoi

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Australia
It seems that there are a few others that agreed with me about the total lack of support here in Aus... Is there going to be any response in regards to my comment on the bottom of page 50 in this thread? Im sure that there are a few people that would like to hear the answer.

Cheers again.
I'm with him, was just told that the play in my linkage on my 05 Sunday might cost $550 AUD to fix as they only sell whole linkage kits instead of parts now.
Yeah, that's not happening.

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
Funk - do you still need help with this? If you do try shooting an email to Jonas over at e.thirteen. That guy knows his sh!t. :biggrin:

support@e13components.com

If you are running Diabolus cranks you should have 1 spacer on the non-drive side and 2 on the drive side.
I'm running an ISIS Holzeffer setup. I put one spacer on the drive side only and I believe it has solved the problem. Thanks!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

Cheers again.
I'm with him, was just told that the play in my linkage on my 05 Sunday might cost $550 AUD to fix as they only sell whole linkage kits instead of parts now.
Yeah, that's not happening.
This shouldn't be - hold on while I check this...

O.K. - there was a guy in Germany who was in need of the new linkage kit - here's what Mike L. had to say from I.H. Customer Service:

we do have the 07 kits available, it includes all new bearings and hardware as well as the new upper linkages and lower link. This allows you to run 30x10 shock hardware so there is no chance of any shock play and you'll be less likely to bend pins. The kit retails for 360$ + shipping.

I am having some computer issues here, they think my hard drive died, so I am using another comp and have limited access to email. However, they told me it will be fixed shortly.

Drop me a line at : MikeL@ironhorsebikes.com I can get you a shipping quote and can answer any other questions you may have

-Mike L
Warranty/Tech/Customer Service
Mike and I both want you guys to be happy - it's unfortunate that the distributor wasn't more helpful, be we will take care of you.

The first batch of 05' Sundays had linkage and shock issues, and it seems you've had a bit of bad luck in buying one that wasn't retro-fitted with updated linkage (back in 05' the bad linkage was replaced with newer ones - this is not a reference to the 07' Linkage Upgrade Kit, just a running fix to the line.)

Contact MikeL and I'm sure he can help you out with your problem. I'm sorry I wasn't on top of this sooner, but I had a pretty bad wreck at a race last wekend that I'm still recovering from.

Let me or Mike know if there is anything else we can do for you to help out.

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Has anyone ever tried a romic shock on a sunday. Read the bit about most shocks been overdamped and needing a Sunday tune. The platform on romic was crap, but with that turned of it is the most progressive shock out there, I think it might work pretty good. Thinking about trying it.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Just got off the phone with Mike over at I.H. - he said the Romic should fit inside the Sunday frame without any problems, so long as it's a 9.5" x 3.0" length/stroke shock.

Thing is however - this like most other shocks doesn't have the light compression / rebound tuning that factory installed DHX's have on new Sundays.

Try running the compression at zero and the rebound 4 or 5 clicks from full (Max) and then work from there.

Hope this helps.

jose

Chimp
Mar 19, 2007
Sorry if I did't see it, but I need to know some things about the RS Vivid and it's compability with the 06 Sunday.

First, the 06 links feet's, or I have to buy the new 07 kit???

Second, how about the standard seting of the shock, I need to make a "Sunday Tune"???

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
The Vivid is still in testing as an 08' product, but as far as details about tuning and fitment with the 06' linkage goes, I'm pretty sure it will clear the 06' lower link, but don't hold me to that.

I'll ask a few of the guys and see what they have to say. I'll have some definitive answers for you by tomorrow.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
The Vivid is still in testing as an 08' product, but as far as details about tuning and fitment with the 06' linkage goes, I'm pretty sure it will clear the 06' lower link, but don't hold me to that.

I'll ask a few of the guys and see what they have to say. I'll have some definitive answers for you by tomorrow.
release looks like mid august

the Vivid will be available with various preset damping configurations. Tune "A" is for the Sunday.
yerp

Volcomjerk

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
Netherlands
I've seen that there are a couple of sundays up here on RM wich have been repainted.
What i would like to know is where did you resprayers get the stickers from? Make them yourself or what?
Or do i just need to contact the right person at Ironhorse. Fact is that i live in the Netherlands.

Shout out all your tips, tricks and helpful idea's

Ride on, Roy

Hannu

Chimp
Jan 23, 2007
Finland
You propably have the same problem that I had with my 06 frame, too small spacers between bearings and dw link. I fixed it with two very thin shims. I have understood that this is pretty common problem with 2006 sunday frames.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Anyone who has upgraded to 07 links want to sell me their 06 lower link? i'm looking to upgrade shocks on my 05 but dont have the coin for a shock and the 07 linkage kit at the same time.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
hey guys, what Headset comes in the Sunday?? i need a new one and all i keep finding are road racing intergrated headsets..

(i do have the ethirteen reducer)

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
FSA Orbit IS2
It is pretty well an xc/road integrated headset anyway, but works fine.

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
can I get a hard copy manual for an '07 Sunday Team? The info here is great, but I want a book I can put in my tool box. complete with torque specs and installation instructions, etc.

The "manual" that came with the bike is absolutely inexcusable. I almost gagged when I opened the "Ironhorse Bicycles 2007" manual, complete with a picture of Sam Hill on the cover and found a generic sketch of a road bike in the chapter on "changing gears". $3800 and this is the manual they give me?